[19] Sleepover

After the police officer left, Jex and I stepped out of the car. Jex took a look at it to see if he could fix it on the side of the road, however without his tools he was unable to. He called the boys and asked for them to come and pick the car up, to then be brought back to his house.

After a short drive in Jex's car and a pit stop to get dinner, we arrive at his home and he pulls up in the driveway. It's been two weeks since I've been here and if I'm honest, I've really missed being here.

"Is anyone else here?" I question, looking over at him.

"Why? Are you trying to get me alone again?" He smirks over at me.

I giggle softly and shake my head. "It was just a question. I might need a heads up, especially if I'm going to have a bunch of angry Vipers coming at me when we enter the house."

He kills the engine with a grin. "I didn't tell the boys whose car it was, I just asked them to bring it here. Bella I would never put you in that situation."

We step out of the car and make our way up the large steps to his front door. He unlocks the door and holds it open for me with one hand, the bag of food in the other.

"Thank you," I smile, as I move into the house with our drinks in my hand.

As I enter I see that everything in the house is as it's always been; clean, tidy and all in order.

"Come on stare bear, the house hasn't changed that much in two weeks. Besides, the food is getting cold."

I make my way into the living room, following his lead and sit down on the large, black leather, couch. Jex places the food bags down on the coffee table and then makes his way over to the wall, turning on the heating.

Buzz, buzz.

"Your car is on its way," he tells me, as he reads his phone, slides it back into his pocket and makes his way over, sitting down beside me.

"Thank you for helping me," I smile softly up at him.

"Not all heroes wear capes," he grins.

"Have you always been this cheesy?" I ask, as I pull my fries from the bag and begin eating.

"You call it cheesy, I call it charming."

"Yeah, okay then," I nod with a laugh, as I pull my burger from the bag.

We stay like this for a while, sitting on his couch, eating, talking about pointless things and laughing. For a moment I almost forget that he's a Viper and I'm a Cobra, and that we're meant to hate each other.

"Ooof I'm so full, but that burger was so good," I rub my stomach, as I finish my food.

He finishes up his food and wipes his face with the napkin, then looks back at me. "I can see you enjoyed it," he chuckles.

I knit my brows together looking at him.

"You have sauce on your face," he laughs softly and reaches over placing his hand on my cheek, he moves his thumb gently to the side of my mouth and wipes it away. "Gone."

"Thanks," I whisper breathlessly, as we stay in our same position for a moment, our eyes locked on one another's, as his body moves in closer to mine.

"Jex, cars here," a male voice yells, causing me to jump and for Jex to pull away.

"Thanks man. Just leave the keys on the side table, I'll move it into the garage later," he yells back.

"All good man, see you later," the male calls back and the front door closes once more.