53: Epiphany

Dreadful 15 hours of flight from LA to Seoul didn't feel that long when you're traveling with your best friend. Aside from the times that we were sleeping, we talked about stupidest stuffs and our boyfriends.

We were tired, no doubt. But since we met Taehyung and Jungkook yesterday, we felt so refreshed and blessed after seeing their faces.

Hopefully this whole Mina thing will be over soon and we can all be together without any worry.

But god has other plans for us.

Once we went out of the baggage claim, we found ourselves surrounded by a group of camera flashes and bombarded with many questions.

"Is it true that you both are dating Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook from BTS?"

"How long have you been dating?"

"Minhee-si, aren't you just someone he met on the plane?"

"How did you meet Jeon Jungkook, Yerin-si?"

My vision got blurrier and all I could hear was sirens. My photophobia has gotten better compared to the past but I wasn't emotionally prepared for this and didn't take any medication beforehand.

"Stop! Stop taking pictures! Go away! Minhee? Minhee?!"

I heard Yerin yelling for a brief second then collapsed onto the floor as I heard blood pounding in my ears, heart thudding in my chest and hands started to shake visibly.

Can't breathe. Can't breathe. Can't-

I felt a coat wrapped around me, causing me to look up with all the energy I could gather. My vision was disfigured as if I was looking through a fish-eye lens.

I saw a tall figure hovering above me. I couldn't tell who with my sight but the scent... That familiar scent.

Taehyung...

I felt my body lifted up from the ground as he carried me out of the airport amidst the hungry interviewers, ignoring everyone.

He rushed inside the car that was parked right in front of the exit and the driver quickly closed the door shut. It was like a zombie apocalypse. Even after the car door closed, they were still shouting questions at us, some even knocking the car window. The driver drove out of the scene at a fast speed.

Taehyung placed me on his lap and caressed my head gently, his other hand rubbing my back in soothing circles. I clutched on so tightly onto his shirt, trembling like a leaf.

"Minhee. You're okay. You're okay. I'm here with you.", he pressed his lips against my forehead, his hot breath and touch softening me up.

I buried my face in his chest and let his scent devour me whole. We stayed like that for a few minutes until I had completely calmed down.

Once my mind became clear, those were the first words that left my lips.

"Yerin, How about Yerin?", I asked with wide eyes as I pulled myself away from his chest so that I could look his face.

"Don't worry. Jungkook is gonna take care of her.", he answered. As I was about to sigh in relief, the events from earlier flashed in my mind.

"Wait- how did they find out about us?", I asked, growing nervous. Taehyung sighed as he took his phone out and showed me an article.

"DISPATCH: BTS V FOUND DATING IN LA & JUNGKOOK CHEATING ON HIS WIFE?

BTS was in LA for the Grammys and the owner of Liliana fashion brand, Kang Minhee and the infamous beauty blogger, Ji Yerin were also at LA for the fashion week.

*2 attached pictures*

BTS and the two women then went to Santa Monica beach after their schedules.

*10 attached pictures*

Judging from the pictures, V seems to be dating Kang Minhee and Jungkook is cheating on his wife with Ji Yerin. We contacted BigHit entertainment but they refused to give a statement.

What do you think of this matter?

Are they dating?

view all 59192 comments"

"Shit...", I mumbled out eyes wide.

"I know... Shit indeed. We were all focused on Mina's bullshit that we were so careless with other paparazzis.", Taehyung pinched his nose bridge, frustrated.

"You shouldn't have appear at the scene awhile ago, Taehyung. Now that they saw us like this, how are we gonna refuse?", I sighed.

"How could I not? My flight arrived an hour earlier to yours and we were all greeted the same way once we stepped out of the baggage claim. I couldn't let you know beforehand too because you guys didn't have a korean sim card yet. And I saw my girlfriend is having a panic attack in the middle of the crowd so I ran to you without having second thoughts. Your well-being is my priority.", he answered with no hesitation in his tone, making me slightly blush.

"How about the consequences after this, Tae? Your fans, Mina...", I trailed off, getting worried.

"God. She's gonna throw a fit!", I gasped absolutely horrified. Taehyung let out a sigh, feeling worried too.

Taehyung's phone rang, snapping us out of our trances. The call was from Jungkook so Taehyung quickly answered it.

"Hello, Jungkook? Is everything okay? How's Yerin?", Taehyung asked.

"Everything is okay, hyung. But Mina...", Jungkook trailed, making our eyes widen.

"What about Mina?", Taehyung tightened his jaw.

"I received a message from her. And you guys won't believe it.", Jungkook said, making us furrow our brows.

"I'll forward it to our song production team group chat right after I ended the call. I'm driving right now so.", he continued.

"Okay.", Taehyung agreed and ended the call.

We both waited for the message in anticipation. A notification sound popped up and we quickly opened the group chat.

"Hey Jungkook,

I saw the news. Turns out you all made a fool out of me. While you were away, I had time to reflect on my mistakes. I am sorry I forced you into this marriage and made you feel utter shit. Thank you for being a wonderful father for Ara too. This obsession I have towards you and the rest of BTS, this should stop. I was so obsessed that I couldn't even tell all of that was a facade. I will not loathe you nor other members for this. If I were you, I'd do the same to get out of this hell hole too. I understand. I will give you a divorce you want and cut ties with all the other members. I promise you. I left the papers in your room's drawer. I've decided to travel alone and get a piece of mind for the time being. Please take a good care of Ara while I'm away. And please don't hate me too much. I love you guys a lot. I misused the love I have for you guys and transformed myself into a devil. I am so sorry but let me thank you. Thank you and BTS for being there with me throughout my dark days. You guys are the best. The best out of the best. Love you and see you until I come look for Ara."

After we finished reading the message, Taehyung and I exchanged glances, having a look of disbelief and happiness on our faces.

This is finally over.

_________

[ a/n: whoops. three chapters in one day. hmmmmmmm ]