Chapter Thirty-Seven

THE GODS WERE NOT ON NOVA'S SIDE THAT AFTERNOON WHEN SHE CLUMSILY BUMPED INTO THOR ON HER WAY BACK TO HIS ROOM

THE GODS WERE NOT ON NOVA'S SIDE THAT AFTERNOON WHEN SHE CLUMSILY BUMPED INTO THOR ON HER WAY BACK TO HIS ROOM. He immediately steadied her body out with both of his hands. The god's eyes wandered down her body taking in her traditional clothing and covered skin.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Thor asked slightly amused with her cautious nature. He knew the girl would he unable to lie to him about her whereabouts.

"Exploring," she said silently looking down at her feet rather than meeting his piercing eyes.

He trotted the rest of the way to his room with Nova in front of him. His hand still laid gently on her back as if he were afraid she would make a run for it.

"And why does this exploring look awfully similar to hiding?" he whispered in her ear once they arrived at the doorway.

The closeness of his lips made her shiver so she walked ahead of him into the room and laid on the bed. She didn't want to lie to him but she knew telling him where she was would only get Loki and herself in trouble.

"What you don't like me dressing up?" she asked addressing her outfit and hair.

He came closer to the side of the bed and ran his thumb down her cheek to reveal the hidden freckles beneath it, "I don't like you hiding your beautiful features just to fit in. You know you're not supposed to be out wandering anyways, Odin isn't exactly fond of your arrival. Besides your supposed to be resting your mark hasn't healed."

Nova tried to keep the guilty look from spreading onto her face. She had forgotten that the mark was now gone. Thor failed to notice her anxiousness, instead he picked the pins from her hair and let the curls tumble down her shoulders. With gentle hands he brushed his fingers through getting out the forming knots. The actions made her heart start racing.

"Thor.." She said which caused him to tilt his loving eyes down to meet hers.

A thought popped into Nova's head. With the mark now healed, Thor had no reason to keep her there. He would send her back to earth and Nova knew he would give up his home to be with her. She couldn't let that happen. She had to keep it to herself, at least for the time being.

Instead she said the first thing that came to her mind, "I want to go on a date."

He lifted a curious eyebrow at her words as if they were foreign to him. Of course the term dating probably wasn't used in such a royal place.

"You know with wine and food? I can dress nicely and you can take me somewhere that I have never seen? I just thought it might be a good way for me to get used to being here."

Thor's lips curled into a happy smile as he continued to run fingers through Nova's hair.

"May I take this as a sign that you wish to stay?" he asked curiously.

She peered up at him through dark lashes wondering how she could respond to his question. Staying in Asgard seemed like a unthinkable decision. To leave earth behind. To remain on a foreign realm as a human? But to stay with Thor. It felt like her whole life would restart. Nova couldn't help feeling that all the pointless years of her life that she spent in fear could be erased. Her mind would reset, she would finally feel at home... with him.

"I want to stay with you," she responded quietly, "wherever you go and whatever you do, I want to remain with you."

Thor couldn't keep the smile off his face at the sound of her words. He lifted her from the edge of the bed pulling her into a firm hug. Nova let his arms enclose around her body as she snuggled her head into his chest breathing in the smell of eucalyptus and fallen rain.

"The gods have granted me such a wonderful thing," he said in a raspy voice before placing a careful kiss on the girls nose, "such a beautiful creature, with such strength."

The human smiled at the word beautiful as if she were in grade school again. He took the opportunity to kiss her smiling lips. Afterwards he ran his index finger over the dimple indented into her cheeks.

"If I am to agree to this date," Thor said slowly then running his fingers over her nose, "then you must agree to leave your sun-kissed skin alone."

Nova rolled her eyes at him tilting her chin up to see his amused face, "Do we have a deal my Lady?"

"I suppose."

The god held Nova in his arms a bit longer, as if letting her go would pain him. She didn't mind though, she closed her eyes leaning into the touch of his large fingers trailing along her back. He swayed slightly with her in his arms, humming to the tune of their own love song.

———

can we all just take a moment to appreciate Thor 🥺💞 also hi to all my new readers, you are greatly appreciated 👋🏼