v. WHEN SPARKS FLY

《 ★ 》

CHAPTER FIVE - WHEN SPARKS FLY

[ DECEMBER 30, 1991 ]

《 ★ 》

THE SNOW was still falling quite heavily, (Y/N) would've enjoyed it from the comfort of her flat, where she could enjoy a cuppa and the basket full of gingerbread men her elderly neighbor gifted her when she returned last Friday, but noo, I'm heading for RADA at this time of night and in super cold weather because Hailey needs me to drop off the scripts she'd forgotten for her students in my flat when she last visited, forgetful bugger, she huffed, well aware that she was whining.

She had just got off of duty and was really hoping to rest and enjoy her short Christmas break, since the person who was meant to cover for her during Christmas broke their bloody leg, and she was having a crappy day, when she'd arrived to her nice little flat, the exact moment she was ready to flop down on her sofa, having been dressed in her jammies and washed up, her sister had promptly called and practically begged her to bring the scripts over to the Academy.

And so with the promise of getting one or two of the five-day-old christmas kittens (which little Everett coined having declared, "Chiwstmas kitties!" when he first saw the kittens) once they are fit to leave their mother of course, she pulled on some warmer clothes and started her journey.

(Y/N) grumbled again, keeping her spirits up thinking about the kittens she'd soon adopt, and trudged up the path lit only by the street lights, it was almost seven p.m. and (Y/N) would be lying if she said she wasn't a teeny tiny bit scared, she was walking alone at night, after all, who wouldn't be terrified? It was dark, deserted, and eerie, she felt completely bonkers to be even out here.

She would've called a cab like any sensible human being would but her mother had given her a long and tedious lecture to avoid icy roads at all costs. Saying something about their neighbors' - the Jefferys' - son had crashed his car into a ditch whilst driving home, because of the slippery roads, her mother had conveniently left out the part where the Jefferys' son was an irresponsible bloke, and had frequently been given loads of tickets for speeding and reckless driving, fortunately, the young man survived but his limbs had suffered major damage, (Y/N) much rather like the thought of having working limbs, all the years of going through mental breakdowns and cramming knowledge into her brain would be wasted.

That and, she felt like she was getting a little too pudgy, a long walk will help burn some calories, she had thought, and now she'd made it this far, she was regretting it. Her legs were screaming protest. And she knew that when she got home, she'll be stuffing her face with junk. The cold was unbearable, while she liked watching the snowfall, it was too bloody cold, she couldn't even feel her face!

Might as well have fun with the snow while I'm outside, she thought, grinning mischievously, she looked around for people in the street, there were, of course, no one because who in the right mind would go outside in freezing weather when they can enjoy Sunday's evening roast at home or enjoy a bit of telly.

Seeing nobody was around, except for a few cars passing by, her grin widened and she proceeded to stomp her feet, the crunch of the snow was satisfying, she giggled, but jumped out of her skin when a pile of snow (from the closed barber shop awning right behind her) dropped mere inches away from her, and quickly composed herself, and continued her trek.