30

trigger warning: drowning, blood

The draft grazed my collarbone. I shivered but dug my fingertips into my shirt anyways. Pulling up on the fabric, I brought it over my head.

Side eyeing the running bath, I lowered my underwear. The clothing fell down my calves and I stepped out of them.

No one was in the lavatories at this time.

The silence became eerie but I remained. The dimly lit candles encompassing the dark soothed me in the slightest and the heat of the hot water steamed against my body.

Lily offered to come with, in case anyone comes by and sees me in the prefect bathrooms. I said I'll be fine. What can a little detention do to me? I've been through worse.

Lowering myself into the bubbles, I exhaled and stared at the merman glass art on the other side of the room. I popped my knuckles and submerge myself to my chin.

My senses relaxed and I let out a low groan at the physical release. My thoughts began to wane. Total tranquility overcame my being. I watched my fingers poke at bubbles and weave through the soap. It's relaxing. Prefects get extra treatment, and for what?

Deciding to just do it, I fluttered my eyes closed and settled under the water. My hair soaked and I stayed under for longer than a couple seconds.

Coming up for air, I wiped at my eyes. My hair stuck to the back of my neck and I felt renewed. Like my body has been cleansed of my worries.

I wanted to do it again. So I squeezed my eyes shut once more and pushed myself underwater. The warmth encased my skin and I stayed longer.

Then the pressure of a hand on the back of my neck pushed.

I felt like someone is trying to drown me.

My eyes flew open and my throat closed up as I struggled underneath.

I tried peering into the water for a reflection of the person pushing me down but I can't see when my breath is running out.

My hair floated into my vision and panic entered my mind.

Someone is trying to kill me.

I clasped my fingers around my throat as I attempt to breathe. The muscles around my neck protruded and my oxygen depleted even more.

I don't know how much longer I can stay under without passing out.

Black dots sprinkled my vision and bubbles of air escaped my nose and mouth.

Someone is trying to fucking kill me. How many times do I have to be on the verge of death? Less than a month ago, I was so close to dying.

I jerked in the water and my toes curled. I suffocated under the dark and my feet scraped along the side of the bath. My muscles tightened and if I could, I would've sobbed.

The weight of the hand disappeared.

Relief filled my system and I clawed my way to the surface. Air hit my face and I choked as I inhaled. Pushing my hair away from my face, I gasped out and struggled to breathe.

My throat ran raw but I regained my composure.

"Shit.. oh my god. Oh my god," I wheezed.

My voice echoed across the walls and it seemed like no one else was even here. I covered my already closed eyes and stopped myself from crying.

My hand held tightly to the edge of the bath to keep myself upright. There's someone out there. I don't know who they are but they're in Hogwarts. They're here to kill me. But why did they let me go? Did they hear something and run off?

"Keep your head afloat, Cry," I said to myself.

God, who am I kidding?

"It's okay. Just stay above water.. fuck- Stay above water," I repeated.

Weeks ago, I burst into flames.

Just now, I suffocated underwater.

The elements are against me. I have to be wary of everything now. It's like someone is putting these obstacles in my way to hinder me. To hold me back in an attempt to kill me in at least one of them. Then the successful obstacle becomes the ultimate winner.

My breath trembled. I took my hand away from my eyes and opened them.

Blood.

The bath was enveloped in blood.

A scream erupted from my mouth and I slammed into the side of the bath in horror.

I have never seen this much blood in real life.

The overflowing train track in my mind was a replication.

Here, it is real.

My nails screeched on the bath edge and I struggled to get out. My chest heaved as I scrambled to find my towel. The skin of my body was soaked in blood and it dripped to the ground as my feet pattered around. My whole body was covered in red.

I wrapped my towel around my body and I fell to my knees. I doubled over and my forehead pressed into the ground. My hands shook as I held tightly to my towel. Kept my eyes closed in fear of seeing my whole body in the blood.

How can there be so much blood?

Why am I going through this?

What have I done to deserve this?

I'm terrorized almost every day of my life. Terrorized by my mind, by Tom, by the ones that gossip, by the one that drowned me...

I can't take it anymore.

I'm so tired of being terrified constantly.

I want out.

My breathing slowed and I pulled myself back to my knees. I opened my eyes and...

Water droplets trickled from my skin.

The blood vanished and I realized, it never was there. Turning to the bath, liters of water lay flat with rings floating outwards from the area I just came out of. The rest of the bath remained still.

I didn't bathe in blood.

-lana