1.01

living as a kook wasn't always rainbows and sunshine, especially for my family, with a mom obsessed with her image, and a brother who was constantly getting into fights. And than there is me the kook without any real friends, I knew some people here that I talked to here and then, but not actaul friends. Except Sarah, but she was more focussed on my brother. I was not interested in their endless conversations about shoes and clothes. Most people know me as Jessica thornton, topper's sister, stuck up, just like her brother. The fact I was his sister didn't really clear my image.

I was currently laying on one of the loungers, in the backyard of my house. My skin slowly getting tanner as I laid there in my bikini. The soft breeze cooling the hot summer air down. Hair in a bun sunglasses resting on my nose. Listening to the soft sounds the birds made in the big blossem tree next to me. Living the ultimate kook life.

my mom's firm voice masked the peaceful sound around me, as she was shouting my name from inside.

"I'm outside!" I shout back not bothering to open my eyes, or sitting up.

"Hey Jessica." She says as she stands next the lounger I was on. "I won't be home when the storm hits. So it'll be just you and Topper for tonight.

"Where are you going." I ask her. Putting the black sunglasses on the top of my head.

"Just to some friends, nothing to worry about." She says while pushing a strand of loose hair back in my bun. Mom strived for perfection, to be the perfect family who didn't break down after dad died.

I gave her a fake smile, as she walked away to her car standing in front of the house.

I put my sunglasses back on my nose, trying to get back to the relaxed state I was in just 2 minutes ago. But now the sun got blocked by dark clouds and wind started to pick up. Birds weren't singing anymore and the colors of the pink blossom tree suddenly didn't seem as pink as before. a shiver ran through my body as I quickly grabbed the towel next to me and ran inside. Up the clean marble stairs, to my room. Taking a warm shower before changing in something a little warmer.

I slip on black ripped mom jeans and a white top.

I walked back downstairs and walked into my brother standing with his eyes locked on his phone.

"Watch where your going..." he hissed at me not bothering to look up.

I simply scoff at him before grisping the keys from my jeep.

"Where do you think your going."

"Sarah's" I say not looking him in the eyes.

"You're not going out when a hurricane is about to hit." He says as his protective side took over.

I roll my eyes before walking back upstairs towards my room.

"And don't even think about going to the beach." He yelled from downstairs clearly not aware of the idea he just gave. I've been surfing since I was 6 years old, and the waves get so much better before a hurricane.

I slip on a bikini and put the outfit I was wearing before over it and grabbed a grey hoodie before sneaking downstairs. I walk into the garage where we keep our surfboards and lifted mine on top of the jeep.

I jump behind in the driverseat and slowly drive off.

By the time I arrived at the beach, the clouds had turned even darker and the wind pulled on my clothes even stronger. There were others in the water, I shot my eyes at their van as I knew who it belonged to.

John b and his friends. I didn't know them personally but my brother does, topper hates the pogues. And he isn't quiet about it. My brothers hatred towards them didn't stop me from going in the water. I just stayed away from them, just close enough for them to see who also went in.