II. FOR A WALK

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[02] || For a walk

Elizabeth and Delphine stood together watching the Captain's promotion ceremony, both heavily fanning themselves, as the heat in their heavily layered dresses and the tightness of their corsets was doing nothing good to them

Delphine couldn't bear the silence and not being about to take her mind of the death of her brother, tears threatened to spill from her eyes and a sob nearly escaped her lips. When they were younger, Delphine and Eustace were the bestest of friends, Delphine didn't imagine never being able to see her brother again, she thought she'd see his wedding, the birth of his children but no.

"I'm going for a walk," Delphine whispered towards Elizabeth, "If anyone asks, tell them I'm grieving," Delphine could bearly get the words out of her lips, but Elizabeth has heard and understood the older girl, and gave her a sympathetic look.

Delphine didn't know where to go except the docks where she knew Murtogg and Mullroy would be. They entertained the princess easily with their dim witted thoughts and that was exactly what Delphine needed to get her mind off everything.

When she reached the docks, she saw the two guards talking to a man she didn't recognise. He seemed to be an outsiders and the two men in front of him seemed to be telling him off.

As she approached both the guards immediately recognised her, their eyes widening as she did. "Your highness!" They both exclaimed bowing down to the girl who now stood in front of them.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the ceremony?" Murtogg asked, scanning the dress she was wearing, she was certainly dressed like she was.

"How can they expect me to sit and watch that?" Delphine said with a roll of her eyes, she bored easily, it wasn't a very ladylike trait and she often got told off for it, that and never paying attention in the first place.

"You are a Princess, your highness," Mullroy added, "Soon to be a Queen, I heard," Both the guards smiled sadly at the girl as he said that.

"On another note, Princess," Murtogg began, trying to get her mind off the death of her brother, "Do you think the Black Pearl is real?"

"Why are you discussing such things?" Delphine asked them, her eyes, full of amusement, were looking from their faces to the figure stood on the Interceptor just behind them. "Shouldn't you be more concerned about the man who slipped away at the start of our conversation and who is currently standing on the Interceptor?" That's right, Delphine had seen the mysterious man sneak away using her arrival as a distraction to the two guards to get onto the Interceptor, where he currently stood at its wheel, imagining what it would be like to captain.

Both of their eyes widened as they looked around the dock where the Princess stood, realising that the man they were talking to before had, in fact, gone. They looked towards the Interceptor where they saw him, and quickly ran onto the ship to get him.

Delphine remained in the shade on the docks, she would've gone aboard the ship to confront the man himself, but the blazing heat and the fact he seemed so nonchalant about the situation made her decide not to. She viewed from afar as Murtogg and Mullroy pointed their guns and bayonets at the man, who had confusion written all over his face. She couldn't hear what the man was saying to the two guards but since the confusion had travelled from his face to theirs she could only assume it was something good.

A splash in the water gained the Princesses attention leading her to stand up and quickly rush over to the side of the docks to try and see what it was. When she looked up to see now Commodore Norrington, she heard the shout of Elizabeth's name and Delphine immediately began to panic.

She would've stripped down and jumped in after Elizabeth herself if she didn't see the mysterious man who was just on the Interceptor jump into the water and swim for the teenage girl, who sunk to the bottom of the sea.

A large ripple was sent through the water and the weather began to worsen but Delphine payed no attention to it as she pleaded for Elizabeth's safety. Murtogg and Mullroy joined her side just as the man broke the surface, Elizabeth thrown over his shoulder.

Delphine immediately grabbed the girl and rested her on the docks, "She's not breathing," She yelled, looking at the three men who surrounded her, "What do I do?" The man who saved Elizabeth lightly shoved Delphine to the side as he knelt down next to Elizabeth using a knife to cut open and pry off her corset.

When Elizabeth coughed up water and began to breathe again, Delphine let out the sob she had been holding in all day, sitting the girl up and wrapping her arms tightly around her. "I can't afford to lose you too,"

"I never would've thought of that," Mullroy said, praising the still mysterious man.

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore," He replied, looking from the two girls hugging to the guard. When he looked back at the girls, Delphine had let go of Elizabeth and her golden pirate medallion caught his eye.

"Where did you get that?" He asked her, as he picked it up off her chest to get a better look.

Before she could respond, Commodore Norrington barged towards him, sword pointed at his throat. Governor Swann hurried forward towards the two girls, pulling them both up from the floor and asking Elizabeth is she was okay, before wrapping her up in an attempt to dry her.

"Shoot him!" Governor Swann commanded, nothing Elizabeth's corset to be off.

"Wait," Delphine said right as Elizabeth said "Father,"

"Commodore, do you really intend to kill my rescuer?" Elizabeth asked, when all the guards and the Commodore put their weapons down, the man put his hands together to thank Elizabeth. It was then Delphine got a good look at the man she had yet to find out the name of. His tan skin and braided hair looked stunning even soaking wet.

"I believe thanks are in order," Commodore Norrington said, putting his hand out for Elizabeth's rescuer to take. But as soon as he did, the Commodore flipped his arm round and pulled up his sleeve, showing the imprinted 'P' on his arm, branding him as a Pirate.