IV. COME TO KIDNAP US

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[04] ||  Come to kidnap us

Delphine and Elizabeth had gone home immediately after the incident, both just needing some time alone

Delphine and Elizabeth had gone home immediately after the incident, both just needing some time alone. Delphine didn't leave her room for the rest of the day, she remained cuddled in a ball under her duvet, softly crying to herself about how she was the only Ainsley left, how she couldn't let her family down even if she didn't want to be queen. She knew it was her duty, she was next in line, yet she knew as soon as she set foot in the Northern Isles, advisors left right and centre would want her married and with child in no time. Delphine knew she wasn't ready for that, if she ever would be.

Her crying session came to an abrupt stop when Lucille knocked on the door, she entered the room, putting some hot coals in the bed warmer and placing at the end of the upset girls bed, she then kneeled down at the side of the bed to see the young girls face.

"Do you want anything, your highness?" She asked, before using her thumb to wipe away the silent tears that fell from the girls eyes. Delphine didn't respond in words, only with a shake of her head, causing Lucille to sigh but nod anyway, placing her lips on Delphine's forehead.

Delphine was left alone yet again, she just lay in her bed, her head void of thoughts as she had worn out her brain throughout the day. When she heard the sound of cannons, thoughts began to fill her head yet again, she had no idea where they were coming from. Before she could get out of bed and look out the window, Lucille barged into the room, locking the door behind her.

"We better hide, your highness," She spoke in a quiet yet rushed voice, worrying Delphine, "Into the closet, let's go,"

Lucille pulled Delphine into her large closet, and wrapped her arms around the Princess.

"What's going on, Lucie?" Delphine said, looking at the worried eyes of her handmaiden. Gunshots and screams were heard from inside the house, causing Delphine to gasp, "Tell me, Lucille,"

"They've either come for you or Elizabeth," Lucille said, her arms tightened around Delphine, "You're the Princess and she's the Governors daughter,"

"They've come to kidnap us?"

"I can't be sure, your highness. I just know they're dangerous,"

Delphine and Lucille stayed curled up in the closet all night, hearing screams, gunshots and cannons throughout it all. Delphine couldn't be positive but she was pretty sure someone had broken through the locked door throughout the night, however the two girls had not been found, much to their relief.

Delphine had stayed awake and alert, she could see the sun rising through the small crack in the closet, and gently moved one arm from around the sleeping Lucille to push the closet door open.

Delphine screamed when she saw a person standing in her room, waking Lucille and alerting the man who stood in the room.

"Calm down, your highness," He said, "Thank goodness you're safe. Governor Swann, Her Royal Highness is in here,"

Governor Swann quickly ran into the room, pulling Delphine out of her closet and into his arms. "What a relief you're alright,"

"What happened?"

"Pirates, raided Port Royal. They took Elizabeth," The Governor explained, in the most simple way possible, trying not to frighten the girl even more than he thought she must've been.

"Get ready my dear, we're going to discuss soon," He continued before leaving her room. Lucille quickly got out of the closet, picking out a nice dress as she did and got the Princess ready.

***

Delphine stood with Commodore Norrington, Governor Swann and many guardsmen, they weren't discussing much and they definitely weren't discussing Elizabeth and how to help her. That was until Will Turner ran over exclaiming that they had to help her.

"Where do you propose we start?" Governor Swann, asked the smith angrily, "If you have any information concerning my daughter, share it,"

"Delphine," Will said, looking towards her, his eyes pleading, Delphine only looked down, she knew he was right and they had to help Elizabeth but if she stood out against the Governor and Commodore she'd most likely get into a lot of trouble.

"That Jack Sparrow," Murtogg spoke up gaining everyone's attention, "He talked about the Black Pearl,"

"Ask him where it is," Will said, trying anything to help the girl he loved, "Make a deal with him, he could lead us to it"

"No," Norrington said, bluntly, "The pirates who invaded this fort left Sparrow locked in his cell.  Ergo, they are not his allies"

"That's not good enough," Will said, slamming his axe into the table, "Delphine, you know I'm right, tell them!" Delphine couldn't even look at her friend as he said that, of course she knew he was correct.

"Mr Turner, you're not a military man, you're not a sailor, you're a blacksmith." Norrington began, walking around the table towards him, "This is not the moment for rash actions," He pushed Will away, glaring at him.

Will only sent one glance back to Delphine as he walked away, likely to find a way to help Elizabeth.

"I'm going for a walk, clear my head for a bit," Delphine said, once Will had left.

"I'll go with you, your highness," A random guard spoke up, grabbing the princesses wrist.

"Can a lady not got anywhere without a man following her?" Delphine yelled, pulling her wrist out of his grasp and walking off in the direction Will left in.