05

Chenle stood in front of Jisung who was shriveled up against the wall after getting beaten up from a sneak attack

Chenle stood in front of Jisung who was shriveled up against the wall after getting beaten up from a sneak attack. Chenle's cold eyes sized up the five men standing in front of him. He was hurt too, but knew that if he couldn't fight them off then they would kill him and Jisung.

He heard Jisung groan from behind him. Chenle was filled with anger. He wanted to kill the men in front of him.

The man in the middle swung first. Thrusting his knife towards Chenle. He dodged it as the fight finally broke out. Chenle needed to protect himself and Jisung at the same time. It was clearly a losing battle. Someone's knife cut into his arm, Chenle kicked the man's chest sending him flying into the stacked boxes that were by the trashcan in the alley. The man grunted and struggled to get back up before fainting.

Juhee was in the corner watching it all. She couldn't believe it was true. That these people wanted to kill each other. She was filled with fear. Like a deer caught in headlights, she stood frozen, but her presence went unnoticed.

Juhee gasped softly as one of the men plugged his knife into Chenle's leg and another into his abdomen. Juhee decided she needed to do something before someone actually died. She looked around and spotted a broken wood plank. She moved from behind the garbage can and grabbed it. Picking it up, she raced towards the guy who had stabbed Chenle and hit the back of his head with all her might. The man collapsed onto his knees. Chenle's eyes snapped up to see the girl who was shaking from the adrenaline and the fear. His eyes widened recognizing the girl from his class. Now there were only three guys left, but Chenle didn't have the strength to fight. Holding down his wound with two hands he groaned.
Jisung and Chenle were both unable to fight, leaving only Juhee to ward off the wolves. The three remaining men were filled with anger as they realized the girl had injured their leader.

Juhee blindly began to swing at them, screaming as she did. Chenle squeezed his eyes shut unable to feel anything, but the consuming pain.

Juhee hit one guy knocking the knife out of his hand. It slid across the ground near Chenle. Grunting he finally pushed himself off the ground. Now holding the man's knife and his own. He grabbed Juhee's forearm and pulled her behind him. Juhee stumbled back and fell onto her butt as Chenle began to fight the men again. She turned towards Jisung and noticed the soft development of bruises on his face. His shirt was dark and dampened by his own blood. Juhee froze at the sight of his blood. She began to feel lightheaded, but the last thing Chenle needed was for two people to be unconscious right now. That and Juhee wasn't sure if he'd help her or leave her if she fainted.

Chenle managed to knock down two of the men and was now left with only one of them. The guy looked around,  his gaze landing on Juhee. Juhee's attention was on Jisung; the guy ran towards Juhee grabbing her by her hair and pulling her to her feet. The man pressed his knife to Juhee's neck.

"Put your weapons down, or I'll kill her." Chenle smirked.

"Go ahead I don't even know her." Juhee looked up at him in awe. She was taken aback by his raw apathy towards her. She was not only his classmate, but also the girl who just narrowly saved her life. The man pressed down deeper making Juhee yelp out in pain. Chenle ignored her eyes that were filled with betrayal and looked past the man.

Chenle nodded at something, someone. Juhee's pained sounds were cut off by a loud boom. The man yelled out and then collapsed onto the floor dropping his knife. Juhee froze. Her head slowly turned down, her eyes meeting the man's wide, void eyes- and the bullet hole in the middle of his head. Chenle ran up to her and grabbed her arm, pulling her into him. He hid her face into his chest. He knew that sight would be too much for the girl.

His eyes moved away from the dead guy, to the man standing in front of him, the man who shot the gun.

"Renjun."

Juhee's legs gave out. The picture of the man still fresh in her mind. Chenle held her up against himself.

"Let's go." Renjun called out. He walked towards Jisung and pulled him up. Chenle and Renjun walked the two unconscious kids back to a van that was parked. Jeno looked back from the driver's seat. His eyes peered over Jisung and Chenle who were both badly injured and then his eyes stopped on the girl.