4

NAOMI SAT IN AN OPEN FIELD surrounded by trees, legs crossed and eyes closed in relaxation.

Shadows seeped from every inch of exposed skin and wrapped around her like a cold blanket. Jayson sat across from her, in the same position.

Except small wisp of color circled him in a happy dance of color. Him and Naomi were polar opposites with the same personality.

They'd became fast friends in the 5th grade. Jayson had walked into the library seeing Naomi curled up in a ball and crying silently. Her hair was messy and her face was blotchy.

She remembered his skipping over with a smile and offering the girl one of his Oreos. Naomi had glared at him for a few seconds before grabbing the Oreo carefully and eating it with a smile.

They were pretty much inseparable after that.

Naomi opened her eyes slowly, all color gone and replaced by pure black. Jayson as if sensing she'd opened her eyes opened his own, and instead on black his were replaced by a sea of color.

Naomis purple painted lips quirked up into a smile as Jayson simply beamed.

They truly were opposites.

"The volturi will be here tomorrow." Alice told Naomi and Jayson who nodded carelessly.

"You have to be respectful!" She pleaded, knowing Naomi and Jayson had a tendency to be assholes. Naomi snorted "When am I not respectful?" She asked and Edward raised an eyebrow "You just called Carlisle your sugar daddy and took nearly three hundred dollars from hi-"

"Y'all hear sumthin'?" Naomi called out and cupped a hand over her ear as if trying to listen in and Edward groaned loudly.

"This is serious Naomi, if you even look at the kings the wrong way they'll execute you." Carlisle pleaded, face still embarrassed from what the girl had done ten minutes prior.

Esme bit her bottom lip to hold in a giggle at her husbands face.

"Okay, yeah, fine. I'll be a good girl. Me and Jayson are going outside." Naomi grinned and took her friends hand, leading him out into the woods to practice their powers again.

The Cullen family stood outside the house, faces blank as they awaited the arrival of the vampire 'royals' arrival.

Naomi had brought out Fluffy and was currently holding the red eyed shadow in her arms. Stroking it with a small grin on her face. Her reddish eyes scanned her surroundings absentmindedly as they stood in front of the mansion.

A group of footsteps could be hear approaching from the forest infront of them and Naomi perked up, feeling excitement bubble in her chest. Jasper raised an eyebrow at the girl who simply flipped up her middle finger to him.

The rushed footsteps got closer and soon enough a group of seven appeared coming from the trees. Naomi felt her stomach churn and she took a step forward, eyebrows furrowing. Jayson held his arm infront of her to keep her still and Fluffy simply kicked her as if calling her stupid.

Her eyes saw the four people, slightly behind the first three. A girl and three guys. The three infront had more expensive looking cloaks, the kings. She realized and felt her stomach do a flip. Fluffy looked up at her with ruby eyes before kicking her again.

Naomi scowled down at the smug looking shadow who nuzzled up to her.

"Aro," Carlisle said politely as they finished approaching, pulling the hoods from their heads. 'Renegade, renegade.' Naomi chanted in her mind, fighting off the urge to dance to the song.