n i n e

"Good evening Mr. Knight, your usual table?"

It was almost 7PM when they arrived at the restaurant. Aurora had been introduced to Xavier's driver and head of security, Jackson, who was a very intimidating man. He drove them to a fancy restaurant a couple of blocks from the hotel. Apparently it was one that Xavier frequented often.

From the exterior to the interior, it seemed like a fancy Italian restaurant. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very calming, with soft music playing in the background to set the mood and light chatter amongst the guests.

The waitress led the two to their seats towards a more private and secluded area in the corner of the restaurant.

"You waiter will be with you shortly," she said, setting down two menus on the table.

Being the gentleman that he was, or maybe he just wanted to impress her, Xavier pulled the chair out for Aurora to sit. A soft blush made its way onto her face as she softly thanked him.

Aurora placed her purse behind her and grabbed the menu, flipping through it. She inwardly groaned when she saw that there were no images. Call her a child, but she always preferred to see what she was eating before ordering it. The fancy names of each dish and confusing descriptions did not help at all.

Xavier watched Aurora with amusement as her eyebrows were scrunched in confusion. "Don't know what to order?"

Aurora gave him a sheepish smile, bringing the menu away from her face. "Recommend me something?"

"I usually get the grilled steak with a side of potatoes and mushroom," Answered Xavier smoothly. "Their Spaghetti aglio e olio is really delicious as well."

"How'd you know I was craving spaghetti?" Aurora gave Xavier a big grin. She then attempted to pronounce the name of the dish, but ended up failing terribly. "I butchered that didn't I?"

Xavier let out a small chuckle just before a waiter approached them with two glasses and a bottle of expensive looking red wine. He set a small basket of bread in the middle along with butter. Xavier helped Aurora order, saving her from the embarrassment of pronouncing the name wrong again.

"Do you eat here often?" Asked Aurora as soon as the waiter left with their orders. "They seem to know your order."

Xavier let out a small chuckle. It still amused him to see that Aurora didn't realize the influence he had in the world. Although he had only been to the restaurant a few times, the staff had already memorized what he usually ordered, which included the red wine.

Xavier grabbed his glass and took a sip of wine. "Only when I come down here to check up on the hotel. I'm guessing it's your first time here."

"Hm, I wonder what gave that away," teased Aurora with a bit of playfulness laced in her voice. "I don't usually come to fancy restaurants like this unless someone invites me. But I do feel a bit underdressed honestly. "

Although the last part was said softly, Xavier still caught what she had said.

"You look beautiful," said Xavier, quickly dismissing her statement. His compliment had caused Aurora's cheeks to heat up again. "What do you usually eat then?"

He felt the desire to learn more about Aurora.

"I usually eat at home," explained Aurora. "Either takeout or my mom's cooking."

"Do you live with your parents?"

Aurora shook her head. "I live by myself, but my parents live in the suburbs an hour away. They know I'll probably burn the house down if I cook so my mom will occasionally fill my fridge up with dishes."