Chapter 37 |His hell now her heaven|

The next morning came earlier than anticipated, and had everyone trying to adjust to their new routines. With Arnav, Akash and Mamaji busy with AR, Payal with Zaika and Anjali with her NGO. Their new beginning was off to a great start.

Arnav who was now at AR, busy with different contracts, making new connections, new deals, suddenly caught the sight of something interesting on the newspaper of this morning. It featured several pictures of him and Khushi.

A few were of them sitting beside each other, standing in front of each other, taking pictures with their fans.

"Laila Badr Hadid was seen last night at the opening of her sister's famous restaurant Zaika with Arnav Singh Raizada, the ever so charming Indian Billionaire. They were seen sitting close to each other and taking pictures with their fans. Could this be a coincidental meeting or is that love we smell in the air?"

A devilish smirk made its way up to his full lips.

His big fat ego seemed to have multiplied even more then before just because of this rumor. It was a rumor though but it was still something that calmed his impatient heart.

He decided to look up more online. And the results just disappointed him. That ego we were talking about earlier? Yeah, that just tumbled down and the smirk was erased off his ever so charming face.

The article online stated the clearance from Laila Hadid's side.

"I don't know why people just start assuming I'm dating someone I was seen with. Mr Raizada belongs to my sister's in laws. He's her family and yesterday we all were invited there together among many other people. The meeting was nor a coincident nor a date, we were just there to support my sister, there's nothing more to this situation." Laila Hadid seemed to have cleared the rumors.

That hurt!

Mr Raizada belongs to my sister's in laws.
And nothing to you?

He's her family.
Not yours? Weren't we one before?

There's nothing more to this situation.
Is there really nothing now?

She'd just cleared the rumors. There was actually nothing more to this situation than that but then why did it hurt so much?

~~**~~

The moment Khushi read the rumors she was uncomfortable. She felt anxious because of the words in it. It wasn't as if this was the first time something like this had happened. Literally all the 'young' associates of hers would be rumored to be linked with her if she was to be seen out with them.

But then why did this one bother her tremendously?

Was it because she didn't want that dirty secret of theirs to come out to the world? Was it because she didn't wanna tell the world she was in a contracted marriage before? Was it because they were actually linked together a few years ago but she didn't want anybody to know? Or was it because the thought of being with him again just arose ineffably weird feelings inside her?

Whatever it was, the one thing Khushi didn't want was to let Arnav think that this bothered her. She could sense how he would be devilishly smirking at this. She could sense how he would be waiting for her to act crazy because of this certain rumor. And that was what she didn't want. She wanted to show him how he didn't bother her anymore and whoever said whatever, she didn't give a damn.

So the first thing she did was turn down the rumors, this very early morning.

She wouldn't let him affect her, not that he did anyway. There was nothing left between them and nothing would ever flourish.