[ note. ]

hello friends

hello friends.

it appears we've reached a crossroads or a glitch in the matrix.

I wrote myself into a corner with the original fic. It did not have a clear ending in sight. It was unedited. It was not as in depth as I wanted.

And I knew I could do better.

So I did.

I wanted to post this at a later time, but with life events happening, I figured I would give you all something.

Now, I know many of you love the original version. And might have some mixed feelings toward the new story I've crafted.

But I think you'll like it.

And I hope you understand.

For those that are waiting for an update on the original fic, I apologize. Once this rewrite is finished in its entirety, I am hoping to work on the old one.

I've learned a lot in these past couple of months and I hope you enjoy this new version that I've spent time on.

THIS VERSION IS DARKER AND MORE VIOLENT THAN THE ORIGINAL.

The romance is also slower.

I'm keeping the original up for those that like it more. I am not going to keep promises for updates, however. I've felt a lot of mixed emotions releasing this, but since I like it more, I figured my readers would too.

With my roommate and best friend in the hospital, I've been using writing as a coping mechanism. And this rewrite has helped immensely.

Enjoy the ride.

I apologize I did not finish the old version before starting this. To be perfectly honest, I had no clear story in mind and I was an inexperienced writer. With some plotting reworks and characterization improvements, I hope that this is up to snuff.

Much love to you all, it's a rocky time for everyone and I hope you're not too upset/sad about this. I've been worried about it (majorly for that reason) because I've seen how much you all have enjoyed the story.

If you choose not to read, I understand. For those that have read the original, there's a lot of changes and they're starting after the latest chapter.

So I hope you enjoy this one too.

Thank you for all the support. It has not gone unnoticed. And I love you all. More than I can even say.

Sincerely,
Laura.

Sincerely,Laura