59

*・゚゚・*:

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

   "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I nervously ask Gigi and Zayn as we slam the doors to their car and start making our way up the winding driveway that is overflowing with other luxurious vehicles

   "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I nervously ask Gigi and Zayn as we slam the doors to their car and start making our way up the winding driveway that is overflowing with other luxurious vehicles. The couple is adorned in all things red, white, and blue just like me with my red shorts, white tank top, and American flag ascot that is tied loosely around my neck.

   Wide golden eyes stare up at the massive house in front of me that is all white and has a slight colonial feel to it. The ocean gleams beneath the sun's rays and casts a blue hue against the house that shimmers with each ripple of water. Loud music echoes from within the wealthy mansion along with the low hum of joyous people who are celebrating the Fourth of July.

   "It's one of the best ideas you've had, G," Zayn beams at his girlfriend as he wraps an arm around her, pulling her in to press a kiss to her cheek. I can't help but smile at the two, especially Zayn, because ever since he met Gigi Hadid, he always seems to be radiating with a joy that I haven't seen from him since the early days of One Direction.

   "You know," I twist my lips to the side quizzically and look at the blonde and her boyfriend with a dumbfounded expression "I disagree."

   "Of course you do, Belly, but you need to get out more instead of spending so much time holed up in your house," Gigi points out nonchalantly as she extends her arm to wrap Zayn, the two now basically attached at the hip while I walk a few feet away like the third wheel I am.

   "No, Gigi. I don't. I'm perfectly fine with staying in my brand new house that I worked my ass off to buy and writing all day considering that is my job. Besides, I literally just got back from my European book tour, so I'd say I'm doing just fine."

   2017 has been the best year of my life so far. My first novel was released two months ago, and ever since, I've been traveling the world to promote it, buying my first house not long after. I've taken a lot of time to myself to work through my demons, and even though they aren't all dead yet, a big step was signing off the lease to my childhood home that I've been holding onto for so long.