Right Here

you awoke in bed early in the day —too early, if you could say so yourself— the image of dull skies had given away the fact that it was indeed too early.

you groan at the splitting headache and the high pitched whistling in your ear, much to your disappointment, a pillow was clutched around your arm, in place of where your girlfriend would usually be, you felt cold, not having her arms wrapped around you.

you must have fallen asleep while waiting.

thankfully, your aching subsided just within a few minutes of laying still, from what you remember, last night had seemed to have been quite hectic with the White Martian running rampant and all, but nonetheless, the night seemed to have gone in a haze of blurry memories.

yawning, you stood up and traveled to the kitchen to get yourself a glass of water, there was something off-putting about waking up this day yet you dismissed it to be just one of those times when you're unnecessarily unnerved.

it takes a few seconds in your still dreamy daze for you to realize that your girlfriend had been knocked out on the couch, probably from the exhaustion of last night's event.

silently, you approached Kara, draping a blanket over her shoulders and cautiously removing her glasses before setting it down on the coffee table, you watched in amusement as she snored softly, breathing small puffs of air through her lips, a warm smile tugged at your lips as you watched the peaceful expression on her face.

after that, there wasn't much to do so you settled back in the kitchen and silently made yourself something small to eat.

it didn't take a while for the sun to rise, about half an hour ago, Alex had come knocking on the door to check in on the two of you and had also brought some doughnuts with her, thankfully.

both of you debated if Alex should move Kara onto the bed so she could be more comfortable but you had insisted on the peaceful look on Kara's face as she slept, ultimately, you won as Alex also didn't have the heart to move Kara.

you leave Alex to look after Kara as you had to get to your place of work in a few hours, you took a warm bath, picked an attire for the day, dressed up and packed up your satchel.

when you return, you're greeted by a disoriented Kara who awoke with a start, yelling and punching the air as she jolted up from the couch, looking as if she'd just had a nightmare.

the Kryptonian seemed to still be in a fight or flight mode as when Alex went to greet her sister, the blonde turned her head to the voice's direction, exclaiming in fright as her heat vision shot out like deadly lasers from her eyes which, thank Rao, landed just behind who she just recognized was her older sister.

Alex looked behind her in bewilderment, eyeing the two prominent burns which were apparent just under the red clock hanging on the wall.

"Alex! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," Kara immediately stood on her feet, assessing if she'd had hurt her older sibling, prompting Alex to reassure the younger Danvers.

"Everything okay?" you worriedly called to the two sisters, as you strode to the kitchen.

you watched the blonde with a creased brow as she turned to you, only to continue gaping wide-eyed at your figure, the reporter had gone almost pale, looking as if she'd seen a ghost.

and quite literally, she did, unbeknownst to you.

Kara couldn't believe her eyes.

this must be one of the Anti-Monitor or Lex's pranks, you can't–you couldn't possibly be... here.