Midnight Snacking

Your upcoming exams have been keeping you busy and recently you've been spending each night reviewing for whatever horrible academic fate awaits you.

You had a secret stash of snacks which you usually consume on the way to your impending doom but unfortunately, you had run out.

Your mission would've been successful if it weren't for the entire house being void of light and a stray piece of crumpled paper you'd stepped which you had mistaken as a whatever ungodly insect that had intentions of killing you.

it causes you to freak out,

then you realize it was just paper, "Son of a bitch," you curse the offending object.

you hear a chorus of someone calling out your name and an "Oh Rao, is she okay?" which was definitely from Kara, you just couldn't get in trouble with one sister at a time, can you?

In a rather silly haze, you greet them with an enthusiastic "hello there— ah, fuck," you exclaim dramatically as Kara makes the wise decision of switching the lights on.

"I heard that," Alex notes, peeking from her spot a few steps up on the stairs.

"what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" Kara questions.

"grabbing snacks," you began to walk off innocently but all thanks to your ignorance you don't notice the wooden chair poking out on the way "ow, fuck," In the distance, you could hear Kara snickering and you shoot her a glare in feign hurt.

"Okay, klutz, that's three," Alex says with a motive of insulting you in her own big sisterly ways.

However, you give her a confused look, "three what?"

"You're grounded for three weeks," She elaborates bluntly.

the look of utter confusion on your face melts into disbelief, with eyebrows creased and a gaping expression, "Why the fuck—"

"—four,"

You could see Kara digging her face into her hands as she continued snickering in the corner of your sight, "Oh, Rao," she audibly mumbles as she —unlike you— walked off innocently with no problemo.

With an exaggerated eye roll towards heaven, you mumble "asshole" indirectly towards Alex without much thought, only digging yourself further into your own grave.

and with Alex's growing sense of never-ending frustration, "don't make it five," she warns, —which to you sounded more of a threat— she points at you accusingly, glaring at you with a no-nonsense look before turning off the lights and retreating back to her and Kara's bedroom.