Moments In Time

You've spent most, if not all, of your time in National City living within the confines of Kara's comfy apartment.

During your first year, it didn't seem to be much of a trouble, both your sisters, Kara and Alex, were ecstatic to finally have their little sister within arm's reach instead of having to drive through the winding roads leading to Midvale.

Don't get them wrong, they loved visiting you and Eliza but due to their own responsibilities they don't really get to spend as much time as they want to with you plus the drive can be a little scary —particularly when Kara takes the wheel— not to mention how tiring it could be.

So when you moved from Midvale to National City, they were extremely overjoyed —heck that's not even enough to describe the happy looks on their faces—

But ever since Kara came out as Supergirl, things... changed, I guess you could say.

She'd been through hell, watching the planet she called her home gradually fall apart, losing her parents, being stuck in the Phantom Zone with little to no hope and not knowing how to fit in when she got to Earth, don't even get started on when she had her heart shattered by Mon-El and got put under coma after she'd been badly beaten by Reign.

Kara has the weight of the world on her shoulders and you couldn't help but feel you were just adding in more on her plate.

which is why you find yourself here.

"Y/N?" you hear Kara's voice, softly calling out your name.

Your response was a mere hum to make your presence still apparent, you weren't sure if you could handle talking right then and there, your heart already felt heavy, not once had you fathomed ever leaving Kara's side.

"What are you doing?" She asks even though, the stack of boxes and the suitcase lying around you had already given her the answer.

A sad chuckle escaped your throat, "What does it look like?" You muttered, gesturing towards the brown boxes surrounding you, "I figured that—," You pause, swallowing the lump in your throat and sighing as you were unable to keep your voice from breaking, "You will grow sick of me living with you," You said, shaking your head and giving her a sad smile after you had failed to keep your tears at bay.

"No, I won't,"

"Y/N Y/M/D Danvers, What you are saying is nonsense, I could never grow sick of you because you are one of the things that help me stay strong," Kara says as she sauntered over where you were standing.

she immediately wraps her arms around you, pulling you into probably the tightest hug you've received from her in your entire life before having her hands come up to your shoulder as she pulls away, the hues of her ocean eyes peering into your own.

"When you first came to National City I was so happy that I finally had someone to come home to, someone I could hug or cuddle when I'm feeling down or someone who I could mess around with instead of being greeted by a sad, empty and lonely apartment,"

Once again Kara pulls you in for a hug, you hear her sniffle and you assume she'd also started crying based on the shaky tone of her voice. "I'm sorry if I made you feel like I didn't want you here,"

She tightens her hold on you, "Rao, I could never imagine being separated from you," she mumbled.

you let out a sigh of relief and you felt a thousand times lighter, "me too, Kara, me too,"

She chuckles, wiping at her tear-stained cheeks,

"C'mon, kiddo, we'll get pizza, ice cream and potstickers then we can call Alex over,"

let it be said that a worried Alex doted on both of you after seeing you both cuddling with slightly red and puffy eyes.