Chapter 30: The Witch

Thank you all for the support so far! It really means the world to me that you're liking this story. I hope you enjoy this chapter. A little warning, there is some violence.

The morning sun spilled into the room, casting a warm halo. Leanna stretched her sore body out, her eyes fluttering open. Phoenix was fast asleep beside her, his arm thrown around her waist. It took her a moment to remember the previous night's events and she smiled, snuggling closer to him.

It was just a little after seven and she closed her eyes again, allowing herself to sleep in and relax in his embrace.

When she woke up again it was just a little after 3 and Phoenix was gone. Rubbing her eyes, Leanna climbed out of the bed, walking to her dresser. She threw on a pair of sweats with a bra and tank top and headed to the bathroom, brushing her teeth quickly before heading downstairs.

The house was eerily quiet as she walked to the living room and kitchen. 

"Huh."

Heading down the hall, she peeked into Phoenix's office but found it empty. 

Can someone please help!

Leanna glanced around, momentarily confused until she realized she was hearing Sophie through the pack mindlink. 

Soph?

Oh thank, Goddess! You have to help me, Leanna!

What's wrong?

You were right! I can't explain just please come. The river-

The link was abruptly cut off and Leanna's eyes widened. She ran for the back door, throwing it open. She tried to link her again but got no response and no response meant she was unconscious or something was forcing her to block it.  

Leanna ran for the treeline, adrenaline and anger rolling through her. Her wolf was fully awake now, growling.

She was moving so fast her surroundings blurred and she sniffed the air, catching a whiff of Sophie's scent mixed with blood. Leanna saw red as sh forced herself to move faster until she reached the treeline by the river. Slowing her movements, she moved closer, hiding behind a large tree.

"Stupid little whore!" Olivia cackled, walking in a slow circle.

Sophie was cowering on her knees, a large gash on her head bleeding. 

"W-what did I do?" She sniffled tearfully.

Jack snorted as Olivia smacked her, "You tried to take my mate. You really think Jack, the brother of our Delta, would want someone as small and insignificant as you?"

"But I didn't know he was your mate, I swear! No one told me. He didn't tell me!" Sophie pleaded with her but Olivia wasn't having any of it.

"I'll make you pay, bitch." 

Then Jack grabbed Sophie's hair, tilting her head back as Olivia released her claws, ready to strike.

"I wouldn't do that." Leanna stepped out from behind the treeline, her eyes black and glowing.

Her wolf was coming out to play and she was not happy.

"What are you going to do about it, slut?" Olivia snapped rudely, glaring at her.

Release me. 

Leanna's wolf spoke in her head and she stopped for just a moment.

I'm not holding you back.

Yes, you are. Now release me!

"Jack, get rid of her," Olivia commanded and turned back to the whimpering girl in front of her.