Cool With It.

West had invited Simon for dinner on Prom Night.
There actually wasn't any dinner since neither West or Paul could cook, but it was the thought that counted.
He figured that since his real father had missed his every other milestone, he'd want to be there for Senior Prom.

"Thanks for the invite."

"Sure thing."
West let Simon into the house, then led him into the living room so he'd meet Killian. He realized then, that he probably should've mentioned that Simon was actually one of the guys from twitter. He was most likely going to freak out.

"I bought you my lucky tie." He said. "Who knows, you might need it."

Simon handed West a black satin tie with tiny rainbow diamonds spread out  all over it. It was a tie he'd inherited from his adoptive father, one he'd worn for his first school dance after moving to London. He'd hated it, but over time, he'd grown to love it.

"Thank you, it's... colorful."

Killian gasped as soon as he saw Simon,  his hands flying to his mouth.
"Holy shit, You're that--"

"Model dude from twitter?" Simon finished off, upon remembering West saying a similar thing when they first met.

Killian pointed an accusatory finger at West, "Why didn't you tell me?" He cried out.

"I forgot?"

"Fuck me. You're like..." Killian didn't want to say 'attractive', even though he was. It just would've seemed weird and creepy. He was someone's dad. "--Super young."

"It's probably just this new skincare regimen I've been trying out." Simon disclosed. "So, are you two heading to school together or something?"

"Yes. This is Killian."

West didn't know whether to reveal his sexuality to Simon, or whether to wait until a later time.
Then he realized that there was no time like the present. He wasn't trying to impress Simon, hell, he didn't even know the guy all too well. If he had a problem with him being with a boy, then he'd just have to leave.

He wrapped an arm around Killian's shoulder and squeezed, "He's my... date. My boyfriend. He's my boyfriend."
Killian grinned, then extended his arm to squeeze West's waist right back to express his support.

West looked for any signs of displeasure on Simon's face, but all he got was a nod of approval.

"Nice."

"Oh... I-- I guess."

"Do you guys have any orange juice?" Simon asked, the matter already put out of his mind.

West pointed in the direction of the kitchen, then turned to look at Killian dumbfoundedly as Simon walked away. "Did he hear me? I told him we were dating, and all he said was 'Nice.' "

"Yeah." Killian replied nonchalantly. "And, he asked for orange juice."

"And, he asked... for orange juice."

The most random thing you could do after your son tells you he's into guys.
Though it would've been preferable if every parent reacted that way.

"I'm going to go tell him again."
He started to walk towards the kitchen, but Killian immediately pulled him back, leading him to the couch.

"West. He heard you. And he's cool with it. Some people are cool with it."

It took a while for him to process that. West had been so ready to kick him out, that the fact that Simon wasn't even bothered by his sexuality, made his brain stop functioning for a hot minute.
"He's cool with it..."