19. Nightmares

Chapter 19.
Nightmares.

During dinner, Soo-ho stared at Ban-ryu continuously, his gaze never breaking. "I will let go of this like this, but we are not done," he said magnanimously; like Ban-ryu did not just do him a favour by protecting his sister's dignity and respect by shouldering the blame himself.

Ban-ryu glanced up at Soo-ho and picked up a piece of meat with his chopsticks before placing it on top of his rice. "Just eat. No need for apology," he told the other Hwarang making him sigh and crane his neck in pain.

"You are holding it well Soo-ho," Yeo-wool chirped, in an almost congratulatory manner, referring to him not having beat up Ban-ryu yet.

Han-seong teasingly asked, "what can he do when he has no other choice?" Then leaning forward near Soo-ho's face the young Hwarang added in a dramatic whisper, "since it's not breast but Ban-ryu's butt."

Soo-ho narrowed his eyes at him. "If you do that, you are going to get hit," he warned and waved his arm in the said gesture, way too close to Han-seong's face forcing him to swiftly back away.

Ah-ro had appeared at the door of the dining hall. Ji-dwi, being the first one to notice her, asked, "did you come to see me?" as he looked at Seon-woo. This turned their attention.

Yeo-wool leaned towards Seon-woo informing, "it's doctor Ah-ro. Don't you need to go see her?"

The Hwarang just stuffed more food in his mouth. "She is not here to see me." Ah-ro left quickly on hearing that and Seon-woo jumped back. Looking up at Sa-do, he asked incredulously, "did you just kick me?"

"No." Sa-do took another bite of her rice before sassily adding, "I was trying to kick out your idiocy. Your leg got in the way. Sorry." Seon-woo opened his mouth to berate her but she didn't give him a chance. "I asked you not to be stupid and you are being extra stupid. How long do you need to figure these things out anyway?"

Then pushing her plate away she got up glancing at the others, "if you will excuse me, I need to go find his sister and apologize on his behalf." She left with a final glare leaving an agape Seon-woo and five confused Hwarangs.

...

Sa-do rushed to the medical room after hearing Seon-woo fainted. The others were already there, including Dan-se.

"He fell from the horse?" she heard Soo-ho ask as she moved towards the patient bed.

"I went because the horse came back by itself and this situation," Yeo-wool answered somberly. She had stopped a few feet behind them, too scared to take the last few steps towards her fellow roommate. Her mind kept playing their last conversation in the dining hall.

"It was good the doctor was next to him," Dan-se admitted and Sa-do followed the others' gaze to the back where Ah-ro was sitting, frozen in a daze. Her heart broke for her best friend. What must she be going through right now?

"The shock must be great since she saw her brother fall off." Sa-do could not agree more with Soo-ho.