Chapter 16

Third person Pov

Leah poured herself a vodka and pleasantly sipped it. After another three drinks she was drunk, really drunk. She wanted to see her, she needed to.

Chloe was alone in the living room watching 13 reasons why, when she heard a door bell. She got up and went to hall, where she had a screen connected to the camera at the gate. Leah was at her gate, ringing and yelling into the microphone.

"Let me in! I know you're home, I can see your fucking lights on!" Leah yelled. Thanks to the way she was talking and moving Chloe recognized she's drunk, really drunk. Chloe wanted to let Leah in but she knew she can't. Chloe dialed Stella's number and waited until she picked up.

"Hey babe"

"Hey.."

"What's going on?"

"Leah is here" Chloe watched Leah on the screen.

"What? What do you mean she's here?" Stella asked while panicking.

"She's at my gate, ringing and yelling at me to her in, I don't know what to do. So I called you"

"Don't let her in"

"But-"

"But what?"

"She's drunk and this is different. She seems hurt and vulnerable" Stella was scared. Because Leah challenged her that she'll get Chloe back.

"Well no matter what she will do or say, you can't let her in. Don't talk to her, completely ignore her presence. Ok?"

"But-"

"No buts Chloe, trust me and do what I told you to do" Stella ordered Chloe what to do.

"Ok" Chloe replied.

"Good, I have to go. Bye" Stella hung up.

Chloe exhaled and looked at the screen once more. Leah rang the door bell again. Leah was right on the other side, she wanted to let her in but she couldn't. She has never seen Leah, like this. And it wasn't a good idea to let her in. What if the situation gets out of hand.

"Chloe! Let me in please!" Leah yelled and knocked the door. But Chloe stayed silent, she didn't move a muscle.

"Baby, I am home! Come on, it's me," Leah yelled and banged at the door, this time with more strength, "It's your future wife. Nah, more like your future ex" Leah laughed at her own joke.

After a couple of minutes of banging at the door and yelling Leah gave up. She took couple sips of the white rum. Leah slid down the door, sitting on the doormat. She started crying and pulled out the bottle once again. She drank half of the rest and out the bottle next to her. Hearing Leah cry made Chloe sick, she wanted to hold her, tell her everything is going to be alright but she couldn't. So she just sat down on the other side of the door.

"Chloe-" Leah said between sobs, "Chloe, I-I need you" Leah's voice cracked at the end.

"Please, I-I don't care if you hear me or not but please let me in.... I want to apologize. I want to apologize for what I did wrong to y-you. For not trusting you..." This made Chloe's eyes glossy.

"I love you Chloe, I need you" Leah desperately said. Chloe started quietly sobbing knowing that she can't do anything about it right now. It was too late.

Leah knew that Chloe won't let her in. She doesn't even know if Chloe heard her. She brought the bottle to her lips and chugged the rest of it. She unlocked her phone and opened her Twitter. She decided to subtly indicate what happened.

@Leah: She doesn't care anymore.

After couple of minutes Stella tweeted:

@Stella: Stop seeking attention

@Stella: Stop playing the victim

Leah immediately knew that it's meant for her.

"FUCK!" Leah yelled and stood up, at this moment Chloe had no idea what was going on Twitter.

"Fuck you Chloe!" Leah shouted, she was filled with rage. "You're fucking useless!" She yelled and ran off.

-------------------------------------------

Time skip: next day

Third Person Pov

Chloe's phone lit up, She unblocked her phone and noticed it was a text from Leah. She decided to read the text.

Leah: I still miss you.

Chloe was annoyed by the text because Leah hasn't stopped bothering her, Leah would try to talk to her, any chance she gets.

Stella showed up, wearing shorts and oversized t-shirt, coming behind Chloe, hugging her from behind.

"What are you doing?" Stella asked, with her head on Chloe's shoulder.

"I was about to make a drink, will you have some?"

"No, thanks" She was definitely not a big fan of alcohol.

Chloe was making herself a drink, when her phone lit up, getting Stella's attention, she looked behind her to see what was Chloe doing. Stella hesitatingly picked up the phone, looking at the screen.

Leah: I can't wait to see you.

Just as Chloe finished making drink and turned back. Chloe quickly grabbed her phone from Stella's hand.

"What are you doing?" Chloe said angrily.

"You got a text from Leah"

"So you decided to read it?" Chloe asked, looking disappointed.

"More important is why is she texting you?" Stella asked also angrily. Chloe finally checked the text, just shaking her head.

"I don't know and you have no right to read my texts" Chloe said and Stella didn't believe that.

"You don't know? That bitch, texted you how she can't wait to see you and you don't know why?" Stella was jealous and angry.

"I said I don't know which means I have no idea why she is texting me and even if I knew, it doesn't give you right to read my texts" Chloe said slowly, seriously.

"So it's ok that you have a side bitch, huh? I thought I told you to stay away from her" Stella asked, walking closer to Chloe. She was getting possessive, which is not something Chloe likes, she hates all that 'you belong to me' type of bullshit, no one belongs to anyone.

"I don't have any side bitch" Chloe said completely emotionlessly. But Stella looked furious.

"I thought that you learned your lesson after everything that happened to you" Stella said, eying Chloe up and down referring to what Leah did to her. Chloe took a step back, clenching her jaw, looking at the floor, she didn't expect Stella to use this card.

"Maybe I want to get raped again or even get physically abused again cause that's so fun" Chloe whispered, her voice dipping with anger. Stella's posture changed, realizing what she said.

"I have enough scars on my body, I don't need you to remind me what happened" Chloe said through gritted teeth.

"Chloe, I am-" Stella started but Chloe stopped her by putting her hand up.

"Don't say anything, you are crossing a line, a big line" Chloe explain, walking away, taking the whisky bottle with her.