Chapter 1

Grayson's POV

I take a deep breath and yell, "YO ELI!!" across the school courtyard. The smug bastard turns away from the people he was talking to and faces me with a bored expression. I stare daggers at him while my boys and I beeline towards him. At our middle school, the day has ended, so the teachers let us roam free and do whatever until the buses arrive or parents come to pick us up. Which probably isn't the best idea, since one time, a group of kids had a big fight and one kid got mugged. On the same day! Some of these teachers just want to watch the world burn, I guess.

"What's this I hear about you taking my star position on the basketball team?" I ask once I'm close enough to him.

He chuckles. "It's exactly what it is. Coach said that with my progress lately, I've surpassed your sorry behind and he gave me your spot." Some of his friends are giggling behind him, and I quickly shut them up with a threatening glare.

"Aw what's the matter? Came to throw a tantrum because you can't be better than me at something?" he says. I growl at him. I wish I could rip that smug grin right off of his face! But then I remember something that makes me smirk back at him.

"That's some pretty big talk coming from someone who's been making Cs on last two test in English and Social Studies. Meanwhile I'm acing every subject," I say, trying to look down on him despite us being the same height.

Now it's his turn to look annoyed. "I just had a rough patch in my studies for a bit! Besides, I was using the time wisely for perfecting my basketball skills. Unlike you, slacker."

"Those 'skills' won't get you far if your dumb as shit," I snap. Our growing crowd of nosy students go "oooooh" and some are chanting "fight, fight, fight!" Everyone at this school knows about our rivalry, though it's not like we try to hide, and the crowd usually hypes up our fights even more. Might as well give them a show if they're going to watch.

Eli takes a few big steps, closing the distance between us by half, and glares straight into my eyes, growling. Something about seeing his pissed-off face always makes me want to taunt him more, like I'm the only one who can make him act this way. Usually, he's pretty chill towards others, but somehow when it comes to me he's always annoyed.

"Well unlike your sorry ass, this dumb as shit star player was able to score Judy Foster as his date to the spring dance," he spats at me, showing off an evil grin.

Oh, he's SO dead. I've been working up the nerve to ask Judy for a week now and I'm sure he somehow knew this and took that chance away from me!

"You're DEAD asshole!" I shout, socking him square in the face. He's quick to respond though, tackling me to the ground. Eli's friends try to jump in but my boys block their way. Soon enough, all of us are fighting. Luke is fending off the crazy girl that Eli hangs out with, while Vic blocks the path of the glasses friend. Some kids cheer or place bets while others try to film this for social media. However, some snitches decide to get the teachers and in ten minutes (they weren't in a hurry) they're pulling us off each other, and sending us to the principal's office. This is all Eli's fault!

Elijah's POV

This is all Gray's fault! If his stupid, thick-headed-self hadn't come stomping across the courtyard then we wouldn't even be in trouble! Why is it that I have to be his rival? I mean yes, I did rub my latest successes in his face, but he started it! It's always him who starts it. I just happen to finish it. ...Sometimes. Either way, now we're all sitting here getting a lecture from Principal Fisher. I should have used my awesome fighting skills to break his arms, but I didn't feel like getting in trouble for two reasons.

"All of you will have lunch detention for the rest of the week as punishment. Do I make myself clear?" the principal barks.

"Yes, Mr. Fisher," we all respond, and with that we are dismissed. Thankfully there's still two more minutes until the buses arrive (since the drivers are sooo slow) so I didn't miss my ride. "Hey Eli!" I hear Gray shout behind me. What could he want now? I sigh, turning around and give him the most annoyed expression I can muster.

"We're settling this on the court tomorrow at practice," he says, still looking pissed with that ugly face of his.

"Anytime, anyplace Gray," I say and hurry with my friends to the bus loop. And thus, another irritating day has come to an end.

**Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter!! I've already written the next few chapters though I'd still love to hear feedback from you guys. I know not a lot happened, descriptions are barely there, and it's really short, but a least our two main boys have been introduced! I'll be getting more into who Eli's friends are in the next chapter. So, with that say, hope you stick around for more!

**Edited for grammar (Thanks for pointing out the errors)