THIRTY-NINE

39 | BIRTHDAY SURPRISES

OVER the week, Winter planned everything for the twelfth of November. Not only that, but she had managed to hide it all from Harry — something she was rather proud of herself for doing. Though, it was no secret that Harry was extremely suspicious.

Nevertheless, his suspicions no longer mattered for it was the morning of November twelfth, and Winter could finally put her intense plan into action.

She was not kidding when she said she would give the pirate one hell of a birthday. Winter planned a lot of it with Uma, the teal-haired girl shocked by some of the plans which Winter suggested.

It only made Uma's previous statement of needing to date a royal AK that much more true. Because seriously, with everything Harry was going to be doing on his birthday, that hard-headed pirate better never complain about anything ever again.

Winter was woken up early on Wednesday by her alarm clock, the clock having been set for an hour and a half earlier than normal. Groaning, Winter cracked her eyes open glimpsing at the time. It was just past five in the morning.

She yawned, tiredly, turning to her window. Even with her curtains drawn, Winter knew it was still dark outside. The sun would not rise until seven, and it would continue to rise later as the frigid season of winter approached.

After a few moments of mentally waking herself up, Winter forced herself out of bed. As she made her bed, tucking the blankets in tightly — she was beginning to wake up more and more. With waking up came her excitement for the day ahead.

Okay, so maybe she was in love with Harry Hook, but that only made it more of a reason to make sure this day was perfect. Absolutely perfect, it had to be... for him.

Winter hated the fact that none of the VKs ever had a real birthday celebration, not since Evie's birthday when she was little. Apparently, as Winter had heard the story, when the VKs were younger and Evie had a birthday party, the Evil Queen (Evie's mother) did not invite little Mal.

And seeing as Mal was literally the only kid not invited, Maleficient (Mal's mother) obviously had an issue with that. So, she banned the Evil Queen and Evie from ever showing their faces around the Isle again and banished them to stay in their castle.

Somehow, Evie got the courage to leave the castle when she was fifteen where she and Mal actually became friends after that. Winter was not sure about all the details, but she was pretty sure that when the four VKs all became friends after they went on some weird adventure that involved retrieving Maleficent's staff.

However, it was because of that birthday party that all the villains decided to no longer give real birthday celebrations to their kids.

But this was not the Isle and Winter would try her best to make up for the lack of birthday celebrations in Harry's life. She only hoped Harry saw past his own stubbornness when it came to Winter showering him with gifts and liked it.