Under a veil

Amelia was seething. Underneath her skin she felt the anger bubbling and burning. Mira, her mother's sister had turned up after many years of silence. The last Amelia heard of her aunt was when she was trying to take over her parents estate after the fire. Amelia had been trapped at war and could only rely on the family lawyers to bat her greedy hands away.

Mira was a blood sucking vulture to Amelia. All Mira had wanted was to take control and profit over her parents death. To this current day Amelia was certain that Mira had hoped Amelia would die at war and she could swoop in and take everything.

To make matters worse Amelia was told that Mira hadn't even attended their funeral.

As Amelia sat at her desk she couldn't help but feel frustrated at her sudden change in emotions. Only yesterday was she overjoyed to be engaged and now she couldn't remember what that felt like.

As Tommy drove her to work neither of them said a word. A silent agreement to let Amelia work this all out in her head before she visited her Aunt at the hotel later on in the evening.

Amelia was going to do everything in her power to make sure Mira did not return.
—-
There had been many visitors that day, all to congratulate Amelia on her engagement and to get a look at the ring that sat perfectly on her finger.

Ada was the one she was relieved to see

"Tommy said your Aunt turned up this morning?" Ada asked as she took a seat.

Amelia nodded "Her names Mira, she's nothing but a vulture" Amelia seethed as she stabbed her finger against the desk.

"What does she want?" Ada asked gently

"Probably money or to stir up trouble" Amelia shrugged before standing up and putting her coat on.

"If you need us you know were not far" Ada smiled "You're one of us now"

Amelia smiled at her friend before grabbing up her bag. Ada quickly jumped up and followed her out of the surgery doors.

It was slowly getting dark outside and Amelia was pretty certain it was going to rain. Quickly saying goodbye to Ada she made her way towards the hotel her Aunt was staying in.

It was the grandest hotel in Birmingham and Amelia rolled her eyes as the doors opened for her. Of course her Aunty Mira would stay in such a place.

Amelia had just stepped to the reception desk when Mira's shrill voice came from behind her. Amelia turned around to find her sat in the bar waiting with a smug look.

Amelia headed over with her head held high and quickly took a seat next to her.

"Drink?" Mira asked.

"Whiskey" Amelia mumbled before taking her coat off and tossing it to the chair next to her. Mira clicked her fingers and a small man came over and passed Amelia her drink.

"Oh I'm so glad you came" Mira breathed before reaching over to squeeze Amelia's arm. Amelia moved away and took up her glass as an excuse to put some distance between them.

"What do you want Mira? We haven't spoken in six years" Amelia asked, her eyes accusingly pointed at Mira.

Mira sighed dramatically before pushing her hair over her shoulders "Oh my love, I heard that you where to be engaged and I wanted to give you something" and Mira leaned down and pulled up a gift box that was delicately wrapped.

Amelia stared at the box now sat between them and wondered what type of game Mira was playing.

"Open it!" Mira pushed