Welcome to the World (Closed)

To celebrate our collective launch, Avant-Pop is working with our sister profiles to host our collaborative 'Welcome to the World' contest

This contest is all about new vistas, growth, and finding your feet in a new world.

Your task is to write a short story about the prompt inspired by the core theme of one of our sister profiles. This means you'll need to take a look at them and find one you can connect with, and then develop your story based on the conceptual principles of the profile you choose.

Each profile will select a winner based on separate criteria, so make sure to check out the other profiles and how they're hosting the contest and what their deliverables are to understand what we're all looking for.

Our sister profiles are: CommunityInteractive , TheWarriorGoddess , and SeaOfPositivity .

The Prompt Is:

A New World.

A small group of people have landed on a brand new planet far away from earth. They want to colonise the planet but face certain challenges.

Your story can take place before, during, after, or long after the initial landing.

The Deliverables for Avant-Pop Are:

We are looking for a story focusing on one or more characters' thoughts as they work along with the others. We want to know how they feel. They could be thinking back to what led to this, or they could be wondering what awaits them. Maybe they're not particularly fond of someone around them, and maybe they're plotting something. These are just examples, you are free to make them think and do whatever you want.

We want to take every individual and their place in the world into consideration as they work toward building a society of intricate and developed people.

Rules & Guidelines:

• The story should be between 1000 - 2000 words.

• The contest will run from May 15th, 2020 to May 30th, 2020.

• The story should be standalone and not require further reading.

• We are looking for creative interpretations of the prompt.

• You can submit the story with an inline comment on this paragraph, providing the title of the story and the link where we can find it.

• In your entry, you should mention A New World and tag @AvantPop. This is how we make sure we've found the right page for the entry.

• You should have fun!

• We encourage you to read other entries and offer feedback. Maybe you'll make new friends and find something you really like!

Prizes:

• The winner(s) will receive a collective shoutout on our profiles.

• The winning entry(ies) relevant to Avant-Pop will be featured on the next issue of our Literary Magazine.

• There will be a sticker/banner for the winner and another for the participants to add to their chapter or cover, an appreciation of your lovely work!

Important Note: Each profile will select a winner based on separate criteria, so make sure to check out the other profiles and how they're hosting the contest and what their deliverables are to understand what we're all looking for.

Disclaimer:

Please note that the following contest/challenge and its rules are the creation of a team of Wattpadders and are, in no way, affiliated with Wattpad or its stuff.
The judging of the said contest and/or the selection of the winner(s) are entirely operated by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.