CHAPTER 20: A DAY BEFORE THE PAGEANT

Jennie's POV:

"Jennie, why are you always going home late and you rarely joining us in eating dinner?" Mommy ask while we are eating.

My brows shot up. I never expected that. They don't care when I am not going home before.

"Yes Jennie. Its been one week when you start going home late." Daddy said.

What's with them today? Its look like they are nice to me today?

Before I can answer them, my sister cut me in.

"Sorry Daddy, I think its my fault. Probably she can't afford to see me and Rosé together." Jisoo said, obviously she is just pretending looking nice.

"Is that the reason, Jennie? I'm sorry if it is my fault." Rosé said sadly.

Oh please. Don't flatter yourself too much Rosé.

My gosh, this two are really shameless.

They should be thankful that I'm tired today, that's why I'm just quiet. But they are really trying my patience.

"Don't be so full to yourselves. I will not go home just because of that? Don't worry I know your feeling, that you want to be always together. Because that's what I also feel right now to my girlfriend." I said to them annoyingly.

Don't push my buttons too much Jisoo. I will assure you that you will not like it if my horns will come out.

"Aww, my daughter is so really kind." Mommy said proudly.

If you thought that you are the only one who is good at pretending Jisoo, well you are wrong. Do you think I'll let them catch me? I'm better than you.

"Don't worry Jisoo I accept it already, that Rosé is for you. You know that I will not replace you for just a girl right?" I said to her sweetly.

Take that Jisoo.

"That's right Jennie." Daddy approved

I almost laugh hard when I saw the face of Jisoo. Looks like a fire will blow out from her mouth because of madness. 

She put her mask and smiled at me.

Just how far can you wear that mask Jisoo?

"I realize that there are many girls in the world, and that I deserve someone better than Rosé. And I'm not disappointed, I found a girl for me and helped me to move on." I said.

Mommy and Daddy smiled because of what I've said, while Jisoo and Rosé just frowned.

It feels good to annoy them.

"If that so, why are you always going home late?" Mom ask again.

"I'm also a participant in the Couple's Pageant." I said with a shrugged.

"Really Jennie? I'm so proud of you!" Mommy said and hug me.

I nearly spew. Don't loose your cool Jennie.

I smiled to Mommy. "I'm going home late because before I go home I go to my girlfriends house to practice. I don't like to embarrass you because of me." I tell them.

"Why don't you practice here, with Jisoo and Rosé?" Daddy suggested.

I don't like! I don't like to join that two.

"It's okay. Let them practice here alone so that they can also have some bonding." I said.

They smiled because of what I've said. "A day before the pageant right? Do you have already clothes to wear? Is everything is okay for the contest?" Mom ask me.