𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXV

"You keep messing up."

I glared at Jed being too cruel to me. He knows I'm getting frustrated yet he's just watching me fail. If I get any more irked I will throw the guitar at him.

The club arranged another activity for the newcomers, that being partner performances. Of course Jed was quick to grab me before anybody else. After the meeting he immediately locked us in this practice room. I want to grab something to eat but how?

"Maybe, just maybe huh, I'm no expert in this stuff."
We became more comfortable with each other now that months passed by, I was introduced to a new Jed. He is quiet and it's hard for him to express his feelings most of the time, but he fills that hole with action. He never fails to surprise every time.

He unzipped his bag open revealing pastries wrapped in a plastic with ribbons, he gave it to me only after he opened the wrap.

I bit my lip, even though we're together for quite some time, my heart still feels like they're about to burst whenever he treats me like this. I felt a little ashamed for glaring at him earlier.

"Thank youuu."
He only smiled a little then patted my head, of course he combed my bangs as well, that already became his habit.

"You should've just partnered with somebody else, I'm not even good to begin with." I said truthfully.

He looked offended, his mouth fell apart. "Excuse me?"

"What?"

"Do you want me partnered with somebody else?" he looks like he's being sold.

On the other thought, I wouldn't like it if he's partnered with somebody else I will totally understand.

"No I'm kidding."

He sighed, he picked up the guitar from me then sat beside me. He held my hands like he's thinking about its size, he even compared it to his. After that he clasped our hands together, our fingers intertwined. I felt his head rested on my shoulders.

"I'm tired."

I used my right hand to caress his cheeks.

"You've been busy these days, you don't even participate regularly on the band anymore."

"That's because I need to improve my studies."

"You are studying just enough, Jed, give time to rest."

I felt his grip tightened a little.
"You're my rest in this tiring world, Lucia."

He grabbed my right hand to intertwine out fingers there too.
"What a baby."

"You ARE my baby."

I laughed. Seeing Jed in this state is both reassuring and scary. He's always filled with thoughts and I don't have anything else to do but wait for him to share things he's comfortable of telling me.

Suddenly, his phone beeped. We both looked on the banner notification. It's a text from his mom saying 'where are you, son? she's there.'

"God, give me a break."
Jed let go of my other hand to brush his hair up.

"What's that about?"

He stared at me hesitant.
"Roseanne will stay with us for a while."

Roseanne... Roseanne who?

Gosh.

Was it their childhood friend that migrated to Australia? I felt uneasiness build inside me. That girl and I never clicked. I remembered whenever she's at their house she will try to take everyone's attention, she will steal my toys when no one's looking... and she always try to talk to Jed. But that's all in the past right? Things could be different now, we both grew up.

"Mom is not giving up on making me study abroad."
I looked at Jed with sympathy, I know how he loves the band, music, this school. That's why he's trying hard to get high marks.

"Will you come with me at the airport? I don't want to leave you right now."

It almost sounded desperate, I thought. So to ease his mind I hugged him, and mumbled 'of course'

•••

"I think this is not a good idea, she should just book a hotel or something."

Jed shook his head, it's obvious he doesn't like the idea of Roseanne staying with them.

"Save her the bother, you're friends from childhood anyway."

He swiftly looked at me before focusing his eyes again on the road.
"You're my only childhood friend."

I poked his cheek.
"Shut up you don't even respond to me back then."

He chuckled.
"At least in my mind we're friends."

"Seriously, be at least welcoming to her."

Jed rolled his eyes playfully.
"Alright madame."

The airport wasn't too crowded, we immediately noticed a blondé with scarf around her neck and a huge faux fur coat. She lifted her sunglasses to clearly read the sign we made for her. Suddenly her mouth opened for a wide smile, she ran towards our direction.

"Oh my gosh, Derrick you grew so handsomely!"

I smiled to myself. The girl didn't even bother throwing me a look. My smile faded when her hands settled on Jed's arm, girl that's my place?

Jed was quick to inch a distance away from her. "You grew too, Roseanne."

"You're so tall and buff! Boys in my country can't compare."

My patience grew thin. It's now obvious she's ignoring me on purpose. Jed must've noticed the annoyance etched on my face so he cleared his throat, I felt his hand on my back.

"Roseanne, this is Lucia."

She didn't hesitate raising her eyebrows on me. She looked at me up and down.

"Hi, Lucia."
She didn't hide her lack of enthusiasm.

My mood turned sour.
"Hi Roseanne."

She smiled then looked at Jed.
"Shall we go home?"