13. the pink trees

What are you two doing here?" Damon ran into the apartment.

"What are you doing here?" Elena fired back.

"Tink?" Damon called.

"I just wanted to miss school." Bryn admitted.

"You called him?" Elena looked at Rose.

"I'm sorry, Elena." Rose apologized.

"You said that you understood." Elena began to yell.

"She lied." Damon shrugged. "Come on. We're leaving."

"Gladly." Brynley agreed and went to go get her bag.

"No." Elena shook her head.

"I said we're leaving." Damon repeated.

"I'm not going with you." Elena refused.

"You do not get to make decisions anymore." Damon said.

"When have I ever made a decision? You and Stefan do that for me. Now this, this is my decision." Elena explained.

"Who's gonna save your life while you're out making decisions?" Damon asked and handed Bryn the keys. "Get in the car."

"You're not listening to me, Damon. I don't want to be saved. Not if it means that Klaus is gonna kill every single person that I love." Elena continued to deny.

"Get your ass out the door before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out myself." Damon threatened.

"Damon, calm down." Brynley tried to intervene.

"No!" Elena threw a punch at Damon, but he easily caught he.

"Don't ever do that again." Damon released her fist.

-

"Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day." Damon walked back into the room and the doors to the apartment flew open.

"We're here to meet the doppelgänger." Three men walked in.

"Thank you for coming." Elena stood up and tried to walk towards them, but Damon held her back.

"I will break your arm." Damon whispered before turning to Bryn. "Whatever you do, keep that bracelet on."

"There's nothing here for you." Damon looked at the three vampires. One of them suddenly dropped on the floor; revealing Elijah. Brynley looked up at him, the two of them making eye contact for a slight second.

"I killed you. You were dead." Damon sighed.

"For centuries now." Elijah replied and smirked at Bryn. He then looked at the two vampires then came to get Elena. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" The vampire asked.

"I'm Elijah." He introduced himself as Brynley's dream from last night began to play in her head.

"We were gonna bring her to you. For Klaus. She's the doppelgänger. I don't know how she exists, but she does. Klaus will want to see her." The vampire explained. "Then we got word that a Hollis fairy exists."

Brynley's eyes widened and Damon pushed her behind him.

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" Elijah questioned.

"No." He shook his head.

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful." Elijah smirked and Brynley covered her eyes guessing what was about to happen as Elijah ripped the two vampires hearts out. When Brynley opened her eyes, Elijah was gone.