Chapter thirty - In which you travel to Asgard

Author's note: Hey guys, I'm updating early today out of pure boredom so you're welcome :) Hope you're all doing okay in quarantine, your comments on this are literally keeping me going through lock down so please let me know what you thought! Also if you have written or know of any good Loki fanfics hmu, I'd love to find some new stories! Okay enough talking, enjoyy <3

...

Luckily, Fury had been fine with Loki travelling to Asgard with you and Thor, apparently because he trusted Odin to keep him under control. He had been the person to lock him up in the first place, after all. Perhaps he thought Loki would be locked up again once he was back on Asgard. You had talked to Thor about that; he had reassured you that Odin wouldn't try and lock Loki up again, but you weren't so sure. From what you had heard about Odin he was terrifying and a bad father, so all in all you weren't looking forward to meeting him. Frigga was a different matter, she sounded lovely, so at least you had one thing to look forward to. You were trying not to feel too optimistic about meeting or finding out about your parents after overhearing Thor and Loki's discussion, but deep down you couldn't help yourself.

You'd spent the rest of the day after you'd overheard the conversation wondering what to pack, and trying desperately not to think about Loki.

The second part had not gone well.

You'd showered and got dressed and then ventured to the kitchen for some breakfast; to your disappointment no one seemed to be up yet so you had to sort some food out for yourself. You'd sat alone to eat, content to watch the city grind to a slow start on a chilly December Monday morning and found yourself thinking about Christmas.

It was only about two weeks away now and there was a massive tree in the corner of the room, along with various decorations around the rest of the living quarters in the tower. You'd never really done Christmas properly before, and you were looking forward to finally having a proper holiday, and maybe even presents. Around half eight Thor had joined you, and then slowly the rest of the team had started to appear. You were happy to note that they all seemed genuinely pleased when they'd found out that Loki was awake and okay. The rest of the day had passed fairly uneventfully; Loki had only appeared in the evening, claiming that he'd been 'enjoying the peace and quiet' and only left the medical ward to get some food. That was a lie, because he wasn't in his gear anymore and was walking with a tiny limp, which thankfully no one mentioned. You weren't surprised to find that his mind was closed off again, but this time you didn't mind. You had closed yours off too though when you'd noticed, just to prove a point.

You'd gone to bed early that night, wanting to be awake and alert in the morning. When you would travel to Asgard. It still hadn't sunk in properly... you were actually going to Asgard. Instead of trying to sleep, you'd sat for a while and stared at the picture of your apparent parents. If everything went to plan, you'd be talking to the people in this picture tomorrow.

...

The next morning, typically, it was chucking it down with rain.

The team had all gathered in the penthouse to say bye before you left; you still weren't entirely sure how you were getting to Asgard, all you knew is that you were headed up to the roof.

"Make sure you bring her back in one piece." Tony said to Thor, as you did your rounds, hugging Bucky goodbye last.

"We'll be back before you know it, two days is no time at all." you said, moving to stand next to Thor.

"Just make sure you don't get into any trouble while you're up there." Tony said, thinking very audibly as he did so about Loki, who rolled his eyes, stood by the staircase leading up to the roof, obviously eager to leave.