Chapter 17

With the flowers on my arms, I said in terror, "Flowers for my soon to be dead body."

Art who has the same fear as I have looked at me with sympathy.

I don't need that look!

"What are you talking about, Princess Elaine? You're not going to die," Lucas said as if he was sure of it. "Well then, see you around Art."

Fear sat on my heart as we part ways with the gardener from the Kingdom of Seonyon.

"Are you afraid of his majesty?" Lucas asked as he carries me towards where my deaths await.

Well, I'm not going to die for now if the captain holds his words, protecting me against my own father's sword.

"Should I not be afraid?" I said more softly as I stare at the beautiful flowers that have profound colors of white, violet, and blue.

"Princess look, it's his majesty."

My heart dropped at the sudden announcement. There he was, his royal majesty King Edmund, the man who held my life.

"It seems he's taking a short nap while waiting for you, Princess Elaine," Lucas continued as we approach the sleeping king.

Edmund was leaning back on the tree under the morning sun. If I didn't who he was I would stare at him with wonder in his devastatingly handsome physical appearance.

A wide land next to Emerald Palace. The single large tree was surrounded with water. It looked plain but at the same time, it felt special for some reason.

Lucas then put me down at one of the three small bridges without any signs of getting near the king.

"Go wake your father, your highness," Lucas said smiling at me as he softly pushes me forward.

Without any other choice, I dragged my feet towards my father. A powerless child of no relevance, I couldn't do anything but to obey the people around me.

The land was slightly elevated. The palace estate was really damn vast to even have a small hill at the center of a lake.

I stared down at the attractive king who looked nothing like a psychotic murderer while sleeping peacefully.

I hug the flowers tightly. Is he really sleeping? If I stabbed his eyes with the flower—No no no. I shouldn't think of those things. I'll die in an instant before I could even lift my hand.

With my heart on my throat, I sat down near my father and started to create a crown made of Ryllis flowers.

"I. . I'm sorry for your loss, your majesty," I said deciding to talk rather work quietly. My anxiety would make me think of negative things if I stay quiet. "Someone said to me that there will be a moment when the flowers will once again bloom because no darkness lasts forever. Someday you'll smile and find the happiness that I took away from you."

Because someone will bring you light that you've lost the moment I was born. And that person was the heroine of this story.

"I promise you that I won't be a hinder of your happiness. So please don't kill me." I found out that talking didn't help either. My anxiety made me want to beg. "When I turn 18 I'll be gone in your life before you know it. I'll erase my existence like I never live as your daughter."

My heart felt wrong. Why does it clench that it's hurting?

I frowned at the finished flower crown and placed on his majesty's lap before standing.

Am I having a heart burn perhaps?

"Daddy, I'm really sorry."

Maybe I should have called him father. . ? Nah. Let's just continue addressing him majesty or king. It's weird to call him the title that he doesn't even know how to be one. A father at that.

Satisfied on what to address the sleeping man, I immediately flee away from death with a pale face.