14. pinkie promise

s2e11: by the light of the moon

Brynley walked up to Lockwood mansion and knocked on the door the next morning, feeling a lot better after taking a lot of pain pills and sleeping.

"Hey B." Tyler opened the door. "What's up?"

"What's up? Tonight's the full moon Ty," Brynley reminded. "I wanted to see if you needed my help."

"How do you know about all that?" Tyler asked and Brynley walked into the house.

"I was literally there when you activated your curse, dummy," Brynley sighed. "I'm apart of the whole supernatural thing too."

"Are you a vampire?" Tyler whispered and Brynley let out a laugh.

"Hell no," Brynley shook her head and took off her bracelet, giving it to Tyler. Her eyes and hands began to glow gold and Tyler's eyes widened. "I'm a fairy."

"Oh my god." Tyler mumbled.

"I've been doing some research, Caroline told me how you found the video of Mason and how it looks like this is gonna hurt like a bitch," Brynley rambled. "So, I looked in my mom's journal and found a spell that could possibly ease the pain of the transformation."

"Really?" Tyler questioned and Brynley nodded. Tyler pulled the girl into a hug. "God, I'm so glad you know. I'm freaking out here, Bryn."

"I know, but it'll be okay, I'll be here for you." Brynley smiled at her bestfriend and stuck up her pinkie finger. "Pinkie promise."

"Pinkie promise," Tyler agreed. "Let me just grab my bag and then we can meet Caroline at the Grill to talk about how this is all gonna go down."

"Heading out?" Carol walked up to the two. "Hello Brynley."

"Good morning, Ms. Carol." Brynley waved.

"Yeah...lunch at the Grill, I've got practice and I'll probably go out after. I'll be late." Tyler grabbed his bag as someone knocked on the door.

"Hi." A woman was at the door.

"Hi." Tyler greeted awkwardly.

"Sorry. Rude. You have no idea who I am. I'm Jules, a friend of Mason's from Florida. You must be Tyler." Jules introduced.

"Yeah. Nice to meet you." Tyler shook her hand.

"So, I know it's weird for me to just stop by but I'm trying to track down Mason." Jules said.

"Mason's back in Florida. He has been for a while now." Carol informed.

"See...that's the thing...he's not."

-

"Tell me you brought the instruction manual." Caroline looked at Tyler and Brynley. The three of them stood in the Lockwood cellar.

"Tell me you brought the wolfsbane." Tyler replied.

"Yes. Not an easy herb to find. This is it." Caroline held up an herb.

"I have a water bottle in my bag, we can mix it in there." Tyler walked over to his bag that sat next to Brynley, who sat on the floor. She was looking down at one of her mother's journals, trying to pronounce the spell she needed to do to help with Tyler's transformation. "How are you doing, Bryn?"

"I kinda regret taking french for the last five years." Brynley joked.

"What language is all that in?" Tyler looked down at the journal.

"A mix of Latin and Catalan." Brynley sighed.

"You got this," Tyler encouraged and Brynley smiled. "The guy at the hardware store said this set-up could hold up to 5,000 pounds."

"Is that more than a werewolf can pull?" Brynley asked.

"I have no idea." Tyler shrugged.

"Hey Tyler, how are you doing?" Caroline questioned.

"Still human." Tyler took his shirt off.

"Oh my god, you're not gonna get naked, are you?" Caroline turned away, Brynley doing the same.

"It's elastic. What should I wear? I don't think it's like The Hulk, where I get to keep my pants." Tyler joked and looked at Brynley. "B-Bell, we used to take baths together when we were two, relax."

-

Brynley prepared to do the spell as Tyler groaned in pain, Caroline comforting him.

"Hey. Tyler. Tyler." Caroline whispered. "Bryn?"

"I'm almost ready." Brynley assured her.

"I'm burning up. It burns!" Tyler groaned.

"I know. Just breathe through this, okay?" Caroline begged.

"I'm trying. You should go. You two should leave." Tyler said.

"I haven't even done the spell." Brynley sighed before taking off her bracelet, throwing it into her back pack. She watched as Tyler's bones began to break. "Anem endavant."

Brynley's wand appeared in her wand and her eyes began to glow gold.

"Vine a treure el dolor. Alleuja el dolor. Vine a treure el dolor. Alleuja el dolor." Brynley chanted and waved her wand around.

"Did it work?" Caroline asked and Brynley looked at Tyler.

"It worked, I feel slightly better." Tyler sighed in relief. "Thank you, B."

"Always."

-

It's okay. You'll fight through it, okay?" Caroline still had her arms wrapped around Tyler and Brynley stood next to them.

"Leave!" Tyler yelled before he groaned in pain.

"No, Ty." Bryn shook her head.

"Just go, please!" Tyler begged.

"No, not yet." Caroline refused.

"Just go!" Tyler screamed.