Chapter Eighty-Two

Songs for this chapter:
• Honeymoon Avenue - Ariana Grande

Chapter Eighty-Two:

Lexi's POV

After Jasmine left my bedroom to go talk to Charlie last night, she didn't end up coming back.

Jordan found this hilarious—because he's Jordan, and that's just his sense of humour—but I was just happy that her and Charlie seem to have made up.

After she ran off with my my brother, Jordan and I laid in bed together for awhile longer with me curled up in his arms. We talked about how our lives have been going while strategically avoiding mentioning either of our relationships. Jordan ended up leaving just a little bit before midnight, and after I walked him to the door I went back upstairs, changed into a pair of Bryce's boxers and one of his T-shirts, and then curled up in bed.

I loved chatting with Jordan for awhile, but as soon as he left I was filled with an overwhelming sense of loneliness as I laid in bed, wrapped up in a blanket despite the fact that it's summer.

It's just that last night was the first time that I had to fall asleep without Bryce's arms around me in two weeks.

And I missed the way that he holds me so much.

Although I ended up laying in bed for several hours, I eventually drifted off to sleep, thankfully. Now it's the next morning, and I can hear conversation from downstairs, which means that my parents must be awake and making breakfast.

I climb out of bed, freeing my hair from the bun that I had put it in before climbing out of bed. I gently run my fingers through the long strands, glancing at my reflection in the mirror to confirm that I don't look completely like a train wreck right now.

I consider changing out of Bryce's clothes, but I quickly decide against it. I instead pop into the bathroom to brush my teeth before exiting my room and starting down the hallway.

I pause in front of Charlie's room at the sound of voices coming from inside. The door is open just a crack, but it's still open wide enough that I can peak through to see what's happening inside.

I find Jasmine and Charlie laying in bed together. Charlie is on his back and Jasmine is lying on top of him, their chests pressed together. They're both naked, at least from the waist up, but the sheets are around their hips thankfully. Jasmine has her arms draped around Charlie's neck, and he has one hand on the small of her back and the other hand tangled in her bright blue hair.

"Babe?" he whispers.

"Yeah?" Jasmine replies.

"Will you stay for breakfast? I promise that I'll drive you home after. But will you please stay for a little longer?" Charlie asks.

Jasmine sighs, burying her face into the crook of his neck. "Won't your parents mind?"

Charlie shakes his head.

Jasmine lets out another sigh. "Then of course I'll stay. Let's get dressed before someone comes looking for us and sees us like this."

At that, I disappear down the stairs before Jasmine or Charlie can realise that I had been spying on them. I head through the dining room and into the kitchen, where I spot my dad and mom standing on one side of the counter, having a conversation with somebody standing  at the other side of the room .

When I see who this other person is, I freeze.

And then I bolt through the kitchen and right into his arms.