Chapter 13: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be Friendzoned (Part Two)

Chapter 13: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned (Part Two)

"No! We can have give her a side braid!"

"Thinking 'Frozen' I see. Good job, Kels."

"But what about her outfit?"

"I have something amazing."

I watched as the two girls conversed about primping me from head to toe. The moment I entered the vehicle Kelly had squealed to the couple that Carter had asked me out on a date even though earlier I had imformed her that it wasn't a date.

"Cerise, what's Carter's favorote color?" Ronnie asks, a notepad in her hand. It was not that serious, people

" I don't know. Purple?" I shrugged.

"Ooh, you'll look good with purple contacts." Kelly said dreamily, basically picturing me wearing purple contacts in her head

"Whoa who whoa. Purple contacts? I'm not turning into your dream cartoon character. You guys are blowing this way out of proportion. Its not a date. I repeat; not a d.a.t.e." I spelled it out for them too

"Love you too" She waves her hand, dismmissing my prescence and returning to her conversation with Ronnie

"West, do something." I begged

West shrugged in the rear view mirror. "I'm a dude. One word in that convo and I won't make it out alive. They'll claw me to pieces." He laughed.

Not less than two minutes, Kelly's house came to view. It was a nice modern house with a brown roof to accent the yellow siding. It was a lovely two story that her mum loved to keep as garden like as she could. The backyard was beautifully designed with different and unique kinds of plants and flowers.

But I never understood how their mother pulled it off. She had three sons and a daughter. But most importantly she was a marriage counselor. Where'd she have the time to do it all?

West turned off the van and removed the key from the ignition. With the hundreth groan of the day I tugged the van door and it autmatically finished opening itself.

"How does she look with red lipstick?" Ronnie asked Kelly, tapping the number two pencil on her cheek

"Cerise only wore lipstick once and that was the time I forced her to in that Cinderella play at school back in the seventh grade." Kelly said not making a move to exit the car. "And that did not go well. She swore never to wear it again."

I remembered that play. I was never one to join events like school plays, but when you had a best friend like Kelly you had no choice. My role was one of the background dancers at the ball and even though I wouldn't be completely noticed, I didn't want any makeup on. Makeup and I; enemies. I not best friends like most of the girls at my school were with it. Why? Call me cheesy. It's just; I prefer the natural look.

"Bummer" Ronnie sighs, but then her smile reappears again even brighter than before. "But second times the charm." She winked, exiting the van

West had already finished unloading the back of the vehicle. He took out about a three boxes and started to the front door. I followed behind him, ignoring the talking behind me.

The smallest box ontop wobbled a little and I stopped it from falling over. Kelly took out a bunch of keys and opened the door. The moment we entered the sound of crying nearly made our ears bleed.

"Another 'patient'?" Ronnie asked dryly, closing the door behind since she was the last to enter

"Mom has got to stop brining these women home." Kelly groaned, tossing her bag onto one of the lazy arm chairs not too far away.