27 • Special Day

Kartik had his arms wrapped around her arms securely. He was fast asleep. As Naira woke up she felt a heavy weight on her back and made a little movement, due to this his sleep too broke too.

She opened her eyes only to get shocked seeing herself in his arms. He obviously was aware of her reaction. He passed a smile to her and noticed the time. The clock stopped at 12am.

K "Happy Birthday Love!" He wished her happily hugging her tightly.

Naira got startled with his sudden act. But didn't reciprocate.

K "Dekha sabse pehle wish maine kia tumhe. I know tumhe to yaad bhi nahi hoga nah!" He said sighing where she remained silent.

N "But mere liye ye din bohot special hai. Very very special. Because on this day you came in this beautiful world only to be mine. My Angel." He said those words with so much love that her tears rolled down her cheeks.

K "I Love You So Much Naira." He turned her face a little to face her. She had her eyes moist like his. He smiled and cupped her face leaning closer to her.

His eyes adored her pink lips for a second warning her that he would capture those. Getting what he wants, she refused to give into his touch.

K "What happened?" He asked slowly caressing her soft cheeks.

Naira removed his hands off her face and he seemed confused. He was not at all ready for another heartbreak.

Keeping his heart strong he tried to figure out her situation.

K "Naira, Tum thik hona?" He asked touching her lightly.

But she jerked his hands and stood up from her position. He couldn't take it anymore. He understood she started it again. She started her ignoring game again.

Kartik grabbed her wrist pulling her to his chest. She gasped by his touch still not melting in his arms.

K "Naira, Please aise mat karo na. Aaj tumhara birthday hai." He said softly as his eyes became moist.

N "Kartik tum yaha kyu aye ho? jab dekho mere paas ajate ho. This is my life Kartik. Why don't you just....just stay away from me and my life?" She finally spoke hurting him again. Her words were so harsh.

Maybe that phone call effected her. She thought she was forgiving him for what he did in the past. When he doesn't deserve her forgiveness.

N "Maine Tumhe pehle kaha tha na mujhse dur raho. So please main ekbaar phir keh rahi hoom. Pease kartik leave me alone." This time she joined her hands helplessly. Kartik stared at her blankly.

N "Why is it so hard for you to understand I hate.."

K "Naira!" He slowly whispered interrupting her.

K "Main jaa raha hoon. Don't say this. please. It hurts. please." He said crying there she realized how much she has hurt him with her words. she was going to touch him but her ego had to came in between like always.

She stood there quietly. Kartik started to leave. He was so happy to surprise her on her special day but all this happened.

K "Main chahta hoon ki tum apna din ache se enjoy karo. Agar Mere yaha hone se tumhe problem horahi hai to main nahi aaunga tumhare paas. Tumhe pareshan karne." He said controlling his tears with a forced smile.

As he left Naira sat down on the bed holding her head.

N "He was crying Naira. What am I doing? Main usse galat toh nahi samaj rahi nah? But usne jo mere sath kia woh toh sach tha. Then why am I feeling like I am hurting him unnecessary?" She asked her heart but was not ready to hear the answer.