1: Tipo's Family

"Mom! I have the vegetables!" The small kid walks into the kitchen and sets down the bag of vegetables on the kitchen counter.

"That's great Tipo. Come and help me prepare dinner." The tall, pale woman starts cutting up the vegetables and placing them in the huge stockpot on their stove. It was a cold night. The Harmonic Convergence left the family shook but otherwise their house and themselves were left unharmed. 

"Hey honey. Is dinner ready?" The towering man stumbles into the kitchen holding a bottle of beer.

"It's not yet ready go si...Ow!" Tipo who was preparing plates shot his dad a look but the man was still standing in the doorway clutching to its sides trying to support himself.

"What was it mom?"

"N... nothing Tipo. Dinner's almost ready prepare the table." She eyed the stockpot suspiciously. She was fifty years old and she knew what static felt like but, this time it felt different. 

"Alright! Let's eat!" They all sit down around the table. Feng, who was still tipsy was drooling at the sight of the delicious-looking soup.

"Dig in boys!"

BOOM

The small wooden door burst out of its hinges. Feng who suddenly sobered up at the deafening sound was now shielding his family from the unknown intruder.

"Who are you!" Feng shouted at the silhouette standing at the doorway. The figure was standing still, silent.

"Alright! That's it!" Feng made a quick motion and the Earth beneath the figure wrapped around his feet.

"It's alright, I don't have to move anyway." The figure said with a cold, monotonous voice.

Tipo watched behind the kitchen counter as his father dropped with a bright flash of yellow and the booming sound of a thunderclap. Whimpering, he held his mother tighter who was now sobbing into his shirt, gibbering nonsense. The earth that held the figure's feet crumbled.

"You monster th-that was my dad!" Tipo screamed shakily at the person who had just dropped his father. His mother was now lying on the floor, broken.

"I know." The figure's voice was indecipherable. 

Tipo stared at the black figure who bent down and took the pouch from Feng's belt with seemingly robotic movement.

The boy battled with himself before forcing his legs to stand up. 

"Why would you do that!" He shouted at the mysterious figure who's back faced him. 

The figure slowly reared his head and suddenly Tipo felt his whole being shrink. The weak light coming from the outside street vaguely illuminated the figure's face.

He was just as young as himself. 

"I'm sorry, kid." The intruder said before he disappeared into the night, as the sound of police sirens grew louder.