Erebor

The bells were ringing and people were running around in panic when Lacheana reached the town again. She saw a huge silhouette fly over her and then she saw flames and destruction. Her heart was filled with disbelief when she pushed her horse to gallop faster. This can't be happening!

She was now face to face with the beast. "Hello, sister." The dragon greeted her. Don't call me that, Smaug! Varda help me!

"What are you doing in this pathetic town?" Smaug asked with his smooth yet arrogant voice. Lacheana felt an unusual burning sensation in her lungs. She saw Bard running on the rooftops. Smaug took off again and caused more destruction before landing behind Lacheana.

"You can help me, sister. We can rule together!"

She shook her head. Never! "No? Then burn with the rest of them." Smaug said before flying again. Lacheana noticed Bard on top of the bell tower. She ran towards it and met Bain at the bottom of the ladder. She saw Bain holding the black arrow. Bain started climbing and Lacheana followed closely. "Dad!" he called out when they reached the top. "Bain?! What are you doing? Why didn't you leave? You were supposed to leave!" Bard shouted worriedly. "I came to help you." Bain explained. "No! Nothing can stop him now!" Bard said with a given up tone in his voice. "This might." Bain said showing him the black arrow. A new hope aroused in his eyes. "Bain, you go back. You get out of here now!" Bard commanded.

But before Bain could leave Smaug flew straight at the tower and Bain only had time to yell out for his father before the impact. "Bain!" Bard yelled before finding his son hanging by one hand to the edge of the tower. Bard and Lacheana helped him up. Bard took the black arrow from Bain's hands and faced Smaug.

"Who are you that would stand against me?" Smaug asked with a smug voice. Lacheana stood next to Bard. "Sister? Even with the help of her you are all doomed to die!" Smaug shouted out. Bard looked at Lacheana when Smaug called her his sister. His eyes were filled with a mixture of questions, fear, suspicion and confusion. Lacheana closed her eyes in defeated and gave Bard a slight nod.

Bard turned away from Lacheana and saw that his bow had been broken. "Now that is a pity. What will you do now, Bowman? You are forsaken. No help will come." Smaug said mockingly. Bard looked around frantically while Smaug started crawling towards them. Lacheana picked up Bain and placed him infront of Bard, who fixed the broken halves of his bow into the walls of the bell tower.

"Is that your child? You cannot save him from the fire. He will BURN." Smaug laughed over Bard. Bard fixed the black arrow to the bowstring and layed the front of it on Bard's shoulder. Lacheana stood there, ready to attack. Her helmet's mask was down and she was holding her sword that glowed in flames. She felt an unusual itch on her back.

"Stay still, son. Stay still." Bard tried to calm his son. "Tell me, wretch, how now shall you challenge me?" Smaug asked. He thought that he had won. "You have nothing left, but your death!" Smaug howled and started approaching faster. Bain looked over his shoulder but Bard called for him: "Bain! Look at me. You look at me." Bain looked back at his father. The small boy's eyes were filled with horror and he was already accepting death. "A little to you left." Bard ordered and Bain shifted like his father asked him to.

"That's it." Bard said when he was aiming towards the missing scale in Smaug's chest. He released the arrow and it flew straight where it was supposed to. Lacheana gave him a last apologetic look before Smaug crashed into the tower. He started gaining height. Lacheana took all her strength and she felt the burning feeling grow inside her chest. She jumped after Smaug.

Her whole armour started glowing more than usually and her eyes were brighter than normally. She faced Smaug in the air. She had wings made out of fire and she shouted at him: "Cin ú-pul tan naur gosta gaer!(: You can't make fire feel afraid!)" Her shout was heard so far that even the dwarves in Erebor heard it clearly. Lacheana slashed Smaug's stomach starting from his neck and all the way down. Smaug gasped for breath, his eyes lost their glow and he fell down in the city, dead. Lacheana's glow grew smaller and she fell out of sky right into the water. The last thing she saw through the steam was a figure jumping after her into the ice cold water.