3- ex's and oh's

Elaine's former Charms professor had been a young, astronomically tall woman, who everybody at Beauxbatons knew of that she was a half-giant, though she carried herself with such grace and pride that one would be foolish to have put her in one category with mountain-moving, goat-eating, uncivilized creatures.

Her new Charms teacher was a man so tiny he could have been a goblin or a dwarf, with a head not even reaching his table and a stack of books supporting his weight so he could look over the class. Professor Flitwick was no doubt a very kind wizard, with eyes sparkling full of wisdom and knowledge, as it was expected of the head of the Ravenclaw house.

As the group of Gryffindors made their way through the door of the Charms classroom, the rest of the class, consisting of Gryffindors and Ravenclaws, had already moved to their seats. As the marauders decided to sit down at the back of the class, Lily led the girls over to Olivia, who was already in the room and conversing quietly with another girl, whose blond hair was glowing in the sun.

"Elaine, this is Alice Fortesque, another Gryffindor sixth year who is in the dorm next to us. Alice, I'm sure you have heard of Elaine, Gryffindor's newest addition", Lily introduced the two girls. Elaine smiled shyly at Alice, aware of the other's interested eyes.

Alice was no doubt a very kind person, as she had a motherly aura around her that automatically made one feel at home.

"Nice to finally meet you, Elaine. I have indeed already heard quite a bit about you", Alice smiled at the French, who tried to give a smile back, aware that it would be easy to tell the force behind it.

Did she even want to know the stories being spread in the castle right now?

"Alright class, please calm down and find your seats everybody. Before we start, could Miss Sauveur please join me up front?", Professor Flitwick's squeaky voice disrupted the awkward silence. As Elaine mad her way to the teacher's desk, the other girls found their seat at the tables next to Olivia and Alice.

"Miss Sauveur, a pleasure to meet you. I am aware of the fact that you have not taken an exam equivalent to our O.W.L.s yet, but I am sure that I will find as much talent in Charms as it is present in your cousins that I have taught before.", Professor Flitwick told the girl excitedly.

Half the lesson, a few stepping pineapples as well as a color changed teacup with legs later, Flitwick appeared to be satisfied with Elaine's knowledge in his subject and left her to find a seat in between Mary and Luana.

However, as Flitwick did a once-over the class, he shook his head and instructed: "I will absolutely not have Potter and Black sit next to each other in my class again, neither will McKinnon and Dolohow. I want Potter in the first row, next to Evans and Sternsland, McKinnon on Sternsland's other side, -"

The rest of the lesson continued in the same attire, as Flitwick moved student over student, until he smiled at the new seating order.

Elaine had found herself seated in between a Ravenclaw whose name she did not know and Sirius, who was already busy leaning back in his chair to talk to another flustered Ravenclaw girl.

Said Ravenclaw who was sitting on her left smiled at Elaine as she sat down and extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Elaine. I'm Dorcas Meadows.", she introduced herself with a slight accent. Elaine took her hand, shook it, and examined the girl in front of her. Dorcas was absolutely gorgeous, with chocolate colored curls, a caramel complexion and a winged eyeliner sharp enough to kill. Her nose was adorned with a nose ring while her ear was pierced from the top to the bottom.