White Party

Maddie was gifted a dress from Adrian, a handmade white dress sent from Greece. It was absolutely beautiful and stood out from all the rest.

"So this White Party, what's the reason?" Adrian asked the two walked around.

"There is no reason other than one last excuse to get together before school and work. Us Upper East Sider's like to party if you can't tell" Maddie explained.

"M?" Blair called out from the opposite side of the pool. She was attending with her new man as well.

"Blair, hey this must be James" Maddie said.

"Marcus didn't think I would see you here" Adrian said making both Maddie and Blair confused.

"Ah can you excuse us for a second" Blair's boy said taking Adrian aside.

"He's so boring. It's like a snooze fest" Blair expressed looking back at the guys talking. She looked she was ready to poke her eyes out.

"I like Adrian, he's transparent and doesn't play games" Maddie said.

"I need a drink" Blair whispered heading off towards the bar leaving Maddie alone poolside.

"I didn't think you'd come back dating someone" Chuck whispered to Maddie making her scoff.

"I didn't think Chuck Bass was using me or pitied me but there's always something to learn isn't there" Maddie scoffed back.

Chuck was about to say something else when Adrian walked over snaking his arm around Maddie's waist.

"Everything okay?" Adrian asked raising an eyebrow at Chuck.

"Just keeping your girlfriend entertained. Carry on" Chuck stated before walking away.

"Come on let's find Serena and Nate" Maddie smiled grabbing Adrian's hand and walking through the lawn to the inside.

"What was that about anyways?" Maddie asked referring to the whole secretive poolside conversation.

"Oh ah, James is actually Marcus, the lord. I guess he was leading a double life" Adrian said acting surprised.

"Nate" Maddie called out giving him a big hug.

"Hey, how was your summer?" Nate asked before shaking hands with Adrian. "Nate Archibald"

"Adrian the Prince of Greece"

"Wow, you really upgraded after what Chuck did" Nate joked. Maddie cracked a small smile before changing the subject.

"So a little gossip girl post told me you and Serena are dating?" Maddie asked trying to catch up on weeks worth of gossip.

"Ah actually that's a rumor" Nate said quickly eyeing a woman who walks by. "Excuse me"

Maddie turns around to see Adrian looking slightly bored like herself.

"Want to head out? I'd rather be doing something else than acting like I'm not bored here" Maddie said looking around.

"I'll go get the car" Adrian said planting a kiss on Maddie's cheek. She followed him outside and waited by the front entrance.

"Maddie"

"Chuck?"

"Here me out. Don't leave with him. Look I was scared that you would see the real me over the summer. You wouldn't accept me for who I am"

"See that's just another one of your bullshit excuses. How many more are you going to give? You know, this excuse is ironic coming from you, you know who I am and you know the skeletons in my closet. What makes you think I would run off at the sign of some problem or worse the real you?" Maddie shouted letting all her feelings go at once.

She didn't care who saw or who was listening. She just needed to get this off her chest. She had been acting like she was fine from the moment she landed in Italy alone but truth was she wasn't fine. Nothing about this was fine.

"My father had said some things before I was about to leave. I got scared.... scared you wouldn't feel the same way about me as I do you" Chuck continued.

"Where was this Chuck when I need him? When I was stranded alone in Italy? Where was this Chuck at the beginning of the summer? Because I know the way your acting right now would have made me happy but now.... I've seen the other side of you and I want nothing to do with that" Maddie cried out.

The Chuck confessing all of this is the same Chuck who had no regards for Maddie in the beginning of the summer. She wasn't going to forget that.

"I care for you. Stay here with me. Don't go with him. He's so Royal bimbo trying to get in your pants" Chuck pleaded as they car came into sight.

"Don't even say - Chuck you had your chance back at the beginning of summer. I'll see you at school" Maddie said before hopping into the passenger seat of the car trying to cover up her sadness.

"Are you alright?" Adrian asked as the drifted away from the party.

"Take me back to the city please. I want nothing more than to be far away from here" Maddie muttered. She rested her head against the glass window trying to hold all her tears in.

She felt conflicted, she was happy with Adrian but wondered would she be happier with Chuck... the Chuck that cared about her not the evil Chuck who was a womanizer. Chuck had showed his true side to Maddie when he stayed behind and she was now afraid of being heart broken by that same Chuck if she gave him a second chance.