We Go Nana

Come on, Chenle. You need to eat."

A man with a blonde hair and a faded blue fringe who's out of the blue hairstyle made it look like he literally ran out of blue hair dye and made Doyoung's blue highlights look normal in comparison was sitting a small kitchen table with two boys who looked to be in their mid-teens. In another part of the kitchen was another man who seemed to be too busy cooking to notice that we had come in. He had light sandy brown hair that had undergone a shadow perm. He was wearing a short-sleeved shirt under a salmon colored apron. He was peeling potatoes and I couldn't help but stare at his developed arm muscles that were even more defined than any of the 127 members I had seen thus far, with the exception of Jaehyun, himself. The apron did nothing to take away from his masculine features and anyone who thought it did would have had to be extremely antagonistic towards the color salmon.

The older male at the table looked up at us as we entered the kitchen. Apparently, my fascination with the other man must have been too obvious since my attention was immediately brought back to him after not so subtly clearing his throat.

"You must be Y/N," He commented, getting up from the table.

"Hi," I greeted.

He wavered in his response.

"Ah, uh, yes. Hello. My name is Jaemin. I'm the nanny."

The man offered me his hand and I shook it.

"And these are Chenle and Jisung," He gestured to the two boys still sitting at the table.

I glanced at the two boys, not fully understanding who they were. One of them, I didn't know which were which, had blonde hair that had a bit more yellow in it than most people would have preferred. He almost looked scared of me for some reason as his features resembled that of someone who were in pain. He avoided my gaze choosing to stare at the full plate of food in front of him.

The other boy whose plate was almost empty, had dark brown hair and an extremely small face. His expression reminded me of the mean girls in the movies when they're weirded out by the weird girl. He didn't look mean, just confused as to why I was there. They didn't resemble each other in the slightest so I assumed they were unrelated.

"What happened to your face?" The second boy blurted out.

"Jisung!" Jaemin snapped before turning back to me.

"I'm so sorry about that," He apologized for the boy.

"It's alright, but who are they?" I whispered the last part.

"Oh, those are Jaehyun's younger brothers," Mark answered for him.

"Brothers?"

Guess I was wrong about them not being related.

"Yes, and don't worry. They've been caught up on everything including your lack of involvement in the... issue."

I hadn't even thought of the possibility that they had known about my existence let alone the suspicion that I was involved in their sister's death. They really know everything that's going on? At such a young age? No, it made sense. In this type of family, I'm sure that they are fully aware of their brother's business and probably have for quite some time. Maybe they're even being trained to eventually become members.

"Have you put anything on... to... umm... treat that?" Jaemin asked as I continued to stare off into space.

"Oh, umm, no."

"Hang on a second. I might have some vitamin K cream somewhere. Would you all keep an eye on the boys for a quick second?"

"Ah, I umm," I hesitated.

"I'll handle it, Jaemin."

I turned around to see the aproned man who had been busy cooking up to this point smile over at us.

"Awesome! Be right back," Jaemin confirmed before hurrying out of the kitchen.

The man who had volunteered to watch the boys rinsed his hands and dried them on a spare cloth before making his way over.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" He asked in a pleasant tone.

"Hey Jeno, this is Y/N. We came to get her something to eat," Mark took the lead in answering for you.

"Ah, yes. Miss Y/N. I was informed of your new status as a guest here just recently. I apologize for the delay. You can sit down at the table with Jisung and Chenle as I finish preparing your lunch."

"Oh, so you're the chef?" I asked, wanting to know more about the strangely stunning cook, having totally forgotten about my sorry state.

"Hm? Oh, kind of. I'm actually-"

"The butler," Mark interrupted.

I turned to Marka and gave him an expression I can only describe as "the fuck?"

"Well yes, butler, director of the household. It's all the same. Stand-in-chef while the other staff is away. I pretty much do whatever is required of me in order to keep the house from burning down."

"Oh wow. That's impressive, especially with a house as big as this," I beamed.

I was surprised since someone of his stature seemed like he would fit in perfectly as a gang member, but his kind eyes gave away his lack of involvement with the group's more criminal activities.

"Not really, I have lots of great staff to help me," He chuckled.

"Anyways, have a seat and I'll bring a plate over once everything's prepared."

Mark and I sat down at the table and it was... awkward.

Jisung and Chenle just stared at me as if I had three eyes... or maybe just two black ones.

"Did someone from 127 really do that to you?" Chenle asked looking noticeably sick.

Someone? What I wanted to say was that their brother did this to me, but I couldn't bring myself to tell two teenaged boys how much of a monster their brother really was. Even if he did deserve whatever consequences it would bring him, they didn't.

"Uh, umm..."

"I'm back!"

Jaemin's timing couldn't have been any more perfect.

"Did you miss me?" Jaemin cooed at the two boys, making an effort to pinch Jisung's cheeks.

"Nana stop!" He whined.

Jaemin frowned.

"This is why they said there's no use in raising kids."

His attention turned to me.

"Let's get you taken care of, shall we?"