Chapter thirty-seven

I have a major headache, this chapter is kinda short but it will fill you up with some of the things that happened in the past.

Chapter thirty seven: chase's p.o.v

***

Flashback

My 5-year-old brain needed some rest, but I couldn't; I was thirsty. I walked down the stairs slowly, carefully trying not to wake anyone up. I entered the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of water from the fridge. Something inside me wanted to go outside for some reason, and that was what I did. I tiptoed my way to the door and opened it slowly.

I sighed as I sat on the doorsteps, I drank my water and I looked at the stars. As I was watching the neighborhood, I saw... six men standing on the doorsteps, one of the men kicked the door until it opened.

I walked closely to their house, and my eyes widened when I saw the last man holding a gun. I ran inside my house, and grabbed the telephone. I ran outside to make sure they're not just a close family. I watched as the father let down his daughter, I saw him telling something to the girl. I dialed 911, and placed the phone on my ear. The man looked at me, and nodded. I think he knew what I was doing.

"H-hello?" I stuttered.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"My neighbors are in danger! Please send help!"

"How old are you, dear?"

"I'm five, now send help! Six men went inside with guns, please send help!" I cried.

"Calm down, son," she said.

How could I calm down?

The girl was crying, my heart hurt.

"Where do you live?"

"I d-don't know, you're the police, you're supposed to know."

"Dear, where is your mommy and daddy?"

"They're asleep, I'm scared if I left to wake them up, something will happen to the girl."

"Love, don't worry, the police is on their way," she said. "Is she alone?"

"Yes, her father left to check on her mom, I think."

"Okay, dear, you need to go to your house and tell your parents."

"What time is it?"

"It's 1:44, dear," she replied. "The police are on the way, don't hang up until you see them, okay?"

I walked over to the girl, and sat in front of her. I wrapped my arms around her, and hugged her. "Dear, it's 1:45, did you call your parents?"

"Do you want to come inside with me?" I asked the little girl.

"Who are you talking to, dear?"

"No, I'm going to wait for my parents," the little girl sobbed.

"Then wait here for me," I placed my hand on her knee. "I'm gonna go and call my parents, and they're going to fix your booboo."

The little girl nodded, "okay, just come back."

"I will, I promise," I kissed her cheek, and ran into my house. "MOMMY! DADDY!"

I ran up the stairs, and knocked so hard on their door until my dad opened it. "What's wrong, buddy?"

"Follow me! Quickly!" I held my dad's hand, and led him outside. I pointed at the little girl, and we saw that the ambulance and the police were already there, one of the policemen were talking to the little girl.

"Oh, lord," my dad walked over to them. "Hey, may I ask what happened over here?"

I forgot about the lady on the phone, even though the phone was still in my hand. "Oh, sorry, I was busy calling my parents."

"I'm still here, dear? The police arrived, didn't they?"

"They did."

"Okay, then I'll hang up, alright? Take care and stay safe."

"Thank you, you too."

I stood next to the little girl and hugged her again. "There's nothing like a hug to get you through the day, so I'm sending a great big one your way!"

***

Tears, tears... I'm not actually crying.

I decided that there will be chapter thirty eight, because we cannot end this story like this.

Not fair.

So, I just need to take notes from the past chapters because what if any of the characters forgot to confess something or what if they're keeping secrets?

Yk... so the next chapter will might be filled with secrets coming out or just a normal chapter, we'll see.

However, if I did forget something, please help me and comment ->
I'm very, very bad at remembering things. I have the worst memory, I'm sorry.

Anyway

Thank you!!

Please vote and comment!:)