t h i r t y t w o

"Victor, you don't see me!" I cried out, shacking my head in disbelief. "I stand right infront of you and still, you don't see me nor hear me."

"Lilith, the fact that you run away twice is the issue, why are you changing the subject!" He shouted back at me.

For thirty minutes straight Victor and I screamed at each other, while all the other people in the living room didn't dare to speak up.

Not even their grandfather, he sat quietly on a chair in the corner listening to our discussion.

"You promised me I can sing and instead you dragged me off the stage and I got a mental breakdown, because your lovely grandfather hates me!" I screamed back.

"How can someone act so immature?" He sighed, shacking his head in disbelief. "I am your legan guardian, if I say you won't go, you don't. But you did, you went and made it worse. Maybe the way everything happend could have been better, but I was stressed out!"

"You didn't even explain anything to me, how do you expect me to act when you just stated some facts to me!" I gestured with my arms and put an angry face on.

"I don't need to explain anything to you! If I were your father or even your mother nobody would criticize my actions, but now I am the big bad brother! All you guys are boycotting me, without me you all would sit in some orphanage and you are not even grateful!" His eyes were full of sadness, as he looked at all of my other siblings.

"I am grateful, I am so grateful to you, but I can't express my love to you! You are scaring me in every conversation we are having!" I argued with him.

"How often do you want me to repeat myself, I am protecting you!" His hand went through his hair, his other hand resting on his hip.

"From what? From what are you protecting me?" I huffed, crunching my nose.

"From me, dear child." The grandfather got up, slowly he walked over to us. "Financial you are all dependent on me, till you're father is gone."

"Then don't give me money! I don't even want your damn money!" My bottom lip trembled. "I lived my whole life with nothing, what does it matter now?"

He stared at me, trying to read my expression, my posture, even my soul.

Again he licked as lips. "It wasn't my fault, that you lived this life."

I was ready to throw fists with this man.

"Here me out, before you try to harm me." He laughed softly. "You maybe won't believe me, but I deeply regret what happend to you in the past. I may despise you, still you are just a child. In the end the last promise I made to your father was to never bring you here. Never."

"Dad wouldn't say something like this." Elijah gasped, hearing the words his grandfather said.

"He knew about your existence from the day you were born, I discovered it, before he went into jail. He is the same as me, he knew and did nothing." His explained.

My mouth got dry, no, the bad guy wasn't my father. I-. I don't know what to believe anymore.

"He had his reasons." The grandfather stated. "After I heard that you became an orphan, Victor begged me to let him take you in. He even cried like a little baby."

A chuckle escaped the old man's mouth. "I gave him my permission. Lilith Clover, you are here now and the conditions to let you stay were simple. Don't let your father find out. What do you think would have happend when he heard his daughter is here, if you would have sang this solo infront of the whole school, it wouldn't take long for him to know."