Another Pact

Days passed with the council members constantly repealing the decision to not execute Faust. Councilwoman Salizar was becoming impatient and the food sent to the dungeon had even been poisoned twice.

"I believe we should leave soon before things become worse. I know we have tested all the food sent to him, but all it takes is one mistake and his life will be the one on the line. I would like permission to visit him and create the pact." Morgianna looked around the room which consisted of her normal group and Fafnir's family.

Myra who had been sitting on Fafnir's lap looked a little worried. "Will you be able to handle another pact? You have one with the three of us already and I know you have a lot of magical talent but four pacts is a lot for anyone to handle." Fafnir and Alnwick were nodding their agreement while everyone else just looked on in curiosity.

Fergus tilted his head letting his hair fall slightly into his face. "You have a pact with all three of them? I did not see any signs that you were actually bound to them."

Morgianna nodded and allowed her tattoos to become visible. In her current outfit her arms were bare, easily showing the ones for Fafnir and Myra. There were gasps heard around the room as they got a clear look at her. "The one for Alnwick is on my back. I know it may seem crazy that I would wish to take on another pact, but I ask you to trust me that I know what I am doing and that I will be fine."

... 

It took a while to convince everyone that she knew what she was doing, that everything would work out in the end. Now she found herself walking down the damp stairs that would lead her to the dungeon. She had told everyone that she wished to go alone and that in itself started another argument, but eventually she won that one as well.

As her feet left the last step she waited for her eyes to fully adjust to the dark before moving forward to the cell she knew Faust was being held in. Light snoring came from within, and on a small clean cot laid the man she came to see. His hair had been cut and it looked as if he had been given a bucket of water to clean himself.

She cleared her throat causing the snores in the cell to abruptly come to a stop. Faust sat up slowly his eyes focused on her. If she had not seen him sleeping so the peacefully she would believe that the man had been awake and aware the entire time. "Hello Faust, I am Morgianna Bloodmoon and I am here to speak to you about your future."

Faust moved forward slowly until his body was almost against the bars that separated them. He had the same black hair as Fafnir, but his features looked less sharp. Surprising her his face broke out in a grin. "You are the one who killed her." It was not a question, but a statement. He did not seem bothered in the slightest that he was talking to the person who had killed the woman he thought he loved for years but instead looked relieved.

"I am. There are many in the kingdom that has been trying to petition for your head. However, I come to offer you another option. Form a pact with me and come with us when we leave." Morgianna quickly told him of all she had spoken about with his family. He listened intently, the smile that had been on his face falling the more she spoke.

He turned his back to her when she finished speaking. "I thought you were coming to put an end to me. I do not deserve to live. Tell my mother and brothers that I am sorry but they should just let me go."

Morgianna was shocked and angry. "You are just going to give up? I did not know you were such a coward. Instead of trying to correct your past mistakes you are just going to run away and take the easy way out. You feel guilty for the wrong you had done, but you act as if you want to do nothing to fix it." She shook her head feeling her emotions spiraling in a dangerous direction. A little power started slipping out of her grasp. The hold she had on it slipping further away ever since she had exerted so much in her fight with Sora.

Faust turned, his eyes wide as he felt her power radiating off of her. The sight that greeted him was Morgianna wiping away angry tears as she glared at him. "You could make up for the things you did, a second chance, yet you are trying to run away!"

He wanted to tell her she was wrong, that he could not make up for his past, but he knew he was being a coward. He did not want to face all those he had wronged. Even being under that potion only happened because he was weak. "Please stop. I can't do it, I am not strong enough." He lowered his head feeling ashamed.

"Do you want the power to fix it then? Do you want to become stronger and make this world better if only slightly?" Her eyes blazed with determination, she would not let him carelessly throw his life away, but would instead make him take a stand against his past demons. 

A shuttering breath passed Faust's lips as he watched her. "I do." He answered quickly before he could lose his courage. It is true that he feels bad for all that he had done, but he is more scared of trying to fix things and making matters worse.

A bright smile took over Morgianna's face and the tense atmosphere that surrounded them lessened slightly but did not completely dissipate. "If that is the truth then make a pact with me here and now vowing that you will join us."

With hands shaking Faust slashed one palm with his claws and then extended it outside of the cell. Morgianna wasted no time in producing a dagger and cutting her own palm. She knew that both of them would heal quickly if they did not move fast. Grasping his hand she felt the pain flow into her like molten lava. She bit her lip tasting the coppery tang of blood as she refused to cry out. The pain was temporary and if she could not handle this much then she would find trouble completing her goals.

After what felt like an eternity she felt the pain subside and opened her eyes, unaware that she had been squeezing them shut. She looked down expecting to see a tattoo matching Fafnir's on her other arm but was surprised to find a small black and white tattoo on her inner arm. The dragon looked as if it were sitting inside of a flower gazing at something she could not see.

 The dragon looked as if it were sitting inside of a flower gazing at something she could not see

"Be prepared to leave in two days. I am afraid we have overstayed our welcome and I am sure my family is missing me. We have a long trip home." Home, she had called the place they were going his home without hesitation even after knowing what he had done. He could see why his older brother cared for the young girl...if he had ever been blessed with a little sister he would have wanted her to be strong and caring just like Morgianna.

-------------------------------------------------

Word count:1276

Two dragons, a Phoenix and a basilisk not to mention her own power. She is one OP girl. This arc has almost come to a close, the next big arc will be when she attends school, with a couple of chapters in between this one and that one. Her real interaction with the "heroine" and capture targets is coming up soon and I'm pretty excited for the next two arcs. :)