45 |

"Can we just stay like this forever?" I ask Klayton, gently caressing the side of his face with my fingertips. I can feel his light stubble, and I trace all the way up to his hair; pulling through the strands lightly. This action makes Klayton close his eyes in bliss, a soft almost purr-like noise emitting from his chest.

"Yes please," he replies. One of his eyes pop open and a small smile dances on the corners of his mouth. He then fully focuses his attention on me and leans towards me and pecks me on the lips. I return the kiss with a little more passion.

Finally.

Klayton and I are finally at a point in our lives where we can just enjoy one another —no bullshit, no drama. No crazy Moon Goddess.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" Klayton says, the boyish grin still plastered upon his face.

"I do," I say and wink. "And I love you too." I sigh contently, and lean my head against his bare chest. Our bodies were tangled together, naked —and I would not have it any other way. My eyes close, and I feel the power within me stir lightly.

I've never felt better; I feel complete in every way possible.

"Let's spend the day together. Just you and me. We can get ready and go out for a picnic? How does that sound?" Klayton tenderly asks me and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"It's sounds perfect," I whisper back.

~

"Perfect!" I grumble in frustration. "This is just fantastic. We're lost,"

"Adira, stop being so dramatic. This is my territory after all," Klayton rolls his eyes and chuckles warmly. "I know exactly where we are."

We're hand in hand, walking through the forest together. In his other hand, Klayton holds a small basket filled with sandwiches, fruits, and other snacks we felt would be the best for our picnic adventure.

"Okay, okay."

I find a small patch of grass that seemed to glow from the sunlight, and laid a small plaid blanket on top of it. I smoothed it out tenderly and then flopped down on top of it, motioning with my hands for Klayton to do the same.

He does, and lays down on his back; sprawling out completely. I giggle at his relaxed position and happiness fills my entire being.

"I really could stay here forever with you," he murmurs and turns his head to face me. My eyes scan over his face, however not straying far from his watchful gaze.

"I'm down for that," I whisper lowly and lean over to him. Our lips meet and the only thing running through my mind in this very second is that I could do this for the rest of my life, and never get tired of it.

Klayton gingerly pulls away from the kiss and brings his thumb up to my cheek, brushing over it lightly. His eyes stare into my own with what I can only describe as pure love and adoration, and it almost brings tears to my eyes.

Can someone really love me that much?

"We've come so far Adira. I feel like when we are together, we can overcome anything. I love you so much, and I'm so thankful everyday that you share the other half of my soul. I don't know what I would do without you," He tells me in a soft voice. Klayton is vulnerable right now, and expressing himself to me in the best way he can.

"I love you too, Klayton. You really changed my life, and I wouldn't want to share the rest of mine with anyone else."

"I—"

The words coming from Klayton's mouth suddenly stop as a twig snapping comes from behind us. I break our hold apart, and look at Klayton in alarm. He can sense the panic that befalls my entire body, and brings one of my hands to his chest.