XXXII - Game Changer

I languidly looked at Richard, who has typing codes in my computer for hours, “Why are you so damn slow? I thought you are one of the best.” He was using a book guide for codes he stole from Darren’s drawer earlier.

He annoyingly looked behind him and glared at me.

“Spot watching films na akala mo’y sobrang bibilis talaga mag-type ng codes kailangan na mabusisi ‘to. Hindi ako magician, tanga.” Inis siyang bumalik sa harap ng screen.

Napangiwi na lamang ako sa kanya dahil sa totoo lang ay wala naman talaga akong naiintindihan sa tinatype n’ya lalo na’t puro letters at bracket lamang ang iyon. Bigla ko lamang talagang naalala sa kanya si Darren, na laging naiiyak tuwing napapasala s’ya ng kahit isang letter ay hindi gumagana ang pinaghirapan n’ya kaya’t muli niyang sinusuyod ang mga codes kahit sobra na ang pagod at inis n’ya.

“Damn…” He murmured.

“What? What?”

He looked at me nervously, “Their virus has affected the entire system. I don’t know how long will Ophiuchus could protect DANIMA… and what’s is that I can’t force log out, everyone…”

He frustratingly bit his lower lip as if he had gone mad. We can’t save everyone with just the two of us, I guess?

“Six… Six players are the maximum number of players that can leave DANIMA.”

“Is that how the virus works?”

He heaved a sigh, “I still don’t know what their virus could actually do, but that is what happened to a corrupted system. Just pick six players who will come back with you here, and I want Darren to be picked. He must have known the kill code, especially that this was his.”

Pick six players e, ikaw na ‘yong pumili ng isa. Scammer din pala.

Richard went back to his seat along with a mischievous grin plastered in his face, “Want to cheat, moron?” he asked.

“Really? Then, give me Law’s po—”

He looked at me with his deadpan eyes, “What a stupid homo. What I mean is that I could give you the hundred potential of Opinokinesis. You will be able to steal or enhance your senses at the same time,”

“Okay.”

A creep smile curved across his face, and he began to type numerous numbers and letters once again. Creepy, amputa.

“Ready, Game Master?” He asked, which made me smirked. “And may I remind you that you only have 24 hours to fetch them. You already died in the game, so basically, we are cheating.”

He suddenly connected the computer to the wrist band and handed it to me along with same game chip I’ve used. And when I was to put the wrist band on, he suddenly stops me.

“Do my favor, Scarlett.” I nodded at him and gave him a smile of reassurance.

I don’t even get why, but as my gratitude to him. I’ll gladly do it.

It was Richard who tangled the band into my wrist. He gently guided me to close my eyes, and when my mind slowly lose my consciousness, everything went black.

A glint of the blue light suddenly sparkled in the black vicinity, along with the mysterious appearance of the robotic lady.

“Welcome back, Game Master.” A holographic screen started to appear behind her back as the words she was saying were being written there, “You only have 24 hours to re-enter DANIMA. You will still retain your past data as Aquarius, as a member of Regular as well as your points, and your knowledge about Phantasia.”