05 can't look this good without my beauty sleep

DESPITE TALIA'S HOUSE BEING FILLED WITH PAINFUL MEMORIES FROM DAYS PAST, THERE WAS ONE THING SHE ENJOYED ABOUT HER CHILDHOOD HOME: HER BEDROOM

DESPITE TALIA'S HOUSE BEING FILLED WITH PAINFUL MEMORIES FROM DAYS PAST, THERE WAS ONE THING SHE ENJOYED ABOUT HER CHILDHOOD HOME: HER BEDROOM. It was always a safe spot for her; no matter how bad of a fight she had just gotten in with her mother or her brother, she could always retreat to her bedroom, knowing that it was a safe environment. Her queen bed was right in front of the window, conveniently placed for Talia to wake up with the sun shining on her every morning. Posters of her favorite bands and pictures with the Pogues littered the walls, reminding her of the life she had on the other side of the island. The the better part of her life, where she didn't have to worry about her brother and his idiot friends, or her mother's stupid parties at the club. Two years ago, if you would have told Talia that she would be best friends with people from the Cut, she would have told you that you were crazy. Now, she can't imagine her life without them.

  Swinging her legs out of her bed, she walked across her room past her desk, which was littered with drawings she had done and into her obscenely large walk-in closet. She opened the door, pulling out a bikini, which was a staple in her summer wardrobe. After putting it on, she pulled a red top that she had cropped with Kiara as a fun, beginning of summer project. That was before they had gotten shot at and found a compass left behind by John B's missing father. Throughout the night, Talia racked her brain for reasons why Big John's precious compass was found in a dead man's boat. The thought had kept Talia up most of the night, which is why she didn't wake up until mid afternoon. She threw the red top over her head and pulled on frayed jean shorts. Slipping on her worn Birkenstocks, she made her way downstairs loudly, knowing her house was empty. Topper was most likely already out with his pompous friends, while her mother was probably on her fifth drink at the club by now. Going out her front door and into her garage, she quickly found her skateboard. She walked to the end of her driveway, ready to set out and ride to the Cut, when she saw Sarah Cameron at the end of her driveway, her hand in her mailbox.

"Hey, Talia." She called, puling out her mail and giving a slight wave. Talia forced a smile, giving a small wave back. She only had to walk a few feet to step onto the Cameron property. The Camerons and Thornton's properties were so close in proximity they were on the land of the same plantation, Tannyhill. Their families had a friendship that went back generations, which had allowed the girls to be very close when they were little. Their friendship fell apart when they entered high school, the girls just drifting apart. Sarah went with the popular crowd, and Talia found herself with the outcasts, which is where she met Kiara. But after what Sarah had did to Kiara, she had cut off contact with her completely. Talia was many things, but one of her fundamental traits was that she was loyal to the people she loved, no matter the cost.

"Hey Sarah." Talia replied, tucking her skateboard under her arm and fiddled with the woven bracelet Kiara had made her. The two girls stood there in silence before Sarah spoke up again.

"Off to the Cut?" She asked, to which Talia nodded her head awkwardly. Sarah looked around before inching closer to her, lowering her voice.

"How's John B doing?" She asked, and Talia could see the concern in her eyes. Under her Kook exterior, Sarah was girl with a heart full of compassion, even if it was for people she barely knew, and Talia was aware of that. Talia let out a sigh.