Chapter 10

He stopped at the door and smiled before saying, "Maybe next time, you have a birthday party to attend soon."
After he shut the door, she stared at the doors blankly, not knowing what to say and do. "Miss Kim, your mother is asking when you will be arriving home?" Mala calls her.
"Huh," she snaps out. "Inform my mother soon," she answers before hanging up. She then hurriedly signed her name on the paperwork he had helped her with. Once she finished, she grabbed her purse and hurried off. "Alright, Mala, I'll see you tomorrow," she said before heading to the elevator.
"Yes, Miss Kim. Have fun at the birthday party. Please tell your father a 'Happy Birthday' for me," Mala said.
"Will do," she said, entering the elevator.
"Miss Kim," greeted the workers once she entered and she nodded her head to them.

Before she headed home, she went to her place to get dressed. Once she arrived home, the party had already started. As she was wearing a dark red sweater and bright red skirt with black heels that have a bow tie strap around her ankles. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Evan," she greeted a mid-age couple as she entered the house. "How are you?" She asked them.
"Oh, Elina, how long has it been?" Mrs. Evan said and adored her.
She smiled and replied, "Yes, long time now."
"Oh, Elina, you finally show up," her mother said and showed up next to her.
"Sorry, mother, I had to finish some paperwork," she answered her mother.
"Mrs. Kim, don't scold your daughter, she is an independent, hard-working woman now," said Mrs. Evan.
"Yes, but seems to never have time for her parents," her mother complained yet was also joking.
"Honey, stop making a fuss with our daughter," her father said as he showed up beside them.
She smiled and went in for a hug before she said, "Happy birthday, dad."
"And for you," she added as she handed a wrapped present to her father.
"Thank you, my daughter," he said.
"But Mr. and Mrs. Kim, you must be happy to have a beautiful, loving daughter. She must have a boyfriend now," Mrs. Evan said.
Her parents looked at each other before saying, "No, not yet,"
"Oh, well it will happen soon," Mrs. Evan said.
"Hope so," her mother said, smiling.
"Sorry, but excuse me. I'm getting thirsty," she said.
"Elina," her father called her before she was about to leave.
"Yes," she said, turning back.
"Come here for a few minutes, come meet someone before you go get a drink," her father said.
"Alright," she said.
"Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Evan, excuse us," said her father.
"No worries," Mr. Evan said.
She followed her parents as they led her to meet another mid-age couple with a tall young man beside them. "Elina, met our very old friend Mr. and Mrs. Davidson," her parents introduced them.
"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Davidson," Elina said to them before shaking their hands.
"Oh my, your daughter grew up so beautiful," said Mrs. Davidson.
"Oh, thank you, but look at your son," said Elina's mother.
"Hello, I'm their son, Don Davidson," said the tall man, shaking her parents' hand and her.
"Oh, it's you," she said unconsciously.
"Have you two met?" Ask his mother.
"Kind of," he replied. "Would you like to come with me to get a drink?" He asked her.
"Sure," she said as they headed to the food table.
"So your name is Don, best man," she said as she picked up a can of sprite and he grabbed a glass of white wine. "Well, it's nice to meet you again and now I know your name," she said.
"Well, I didn't catch your name?" He said.
"It's Elina," she said. "Well, excuse me. Hope you enjoy the party," she added before she walked away from him.
"Hey, wait," he said. As she saw her parents being busy with people, she sneaked off to the patio to watch the sun setting and shut the glass door behind her and sat down at the edge of the patio. She then opens the can of pop before she drinks it. "Why are you hiding out here?" Don said as he joined her.
"What does it look like," she said as she watched the sunset. "It's so beautiful," she said softly.