0.33

chapter 33 

india watches as jj pushes the warehouse door open with a grunt. 

her eyebrows rise as she sees the boat appear from behind the doors.

"there she be" jj sighs out as he looks at the boat with wonder. 

the trio walks inside, all of them watching the boat. it sat still on the tow, dusty and used, but grand. 

jj smiles as he walks closer to the boat. "hey girl" he mutters as he takes off the covers and pushes them to the floor. "a 1983 formula 492 sr1. the phantom" he sighs out happily. 

if there was something that made him happy other than india, it was this boat. and weed, of course. 

"are you sure this will get john b to the mainland safely? there's a storm coming in" india tells the boy, looking at the boat with a worried look. 

"it's the first boat to make the run to the bermuda in under 16 hours, indi. it'll be fine" he responds, patting the boat. 

"it's forty years old! forty" he looks at the boat in wonder. "it's still the fastest thing that kildare's ever seen" 

"it's kind of a junker" kiara mutters, her tone flat as she motions to the boat. 

jj turns to her, his smile fading away. "really? she's right there, kie. she can hear you" 

india lets out a laugh as she looks at jj. "you're going crazy, jj" 

jj turns to her, motioning to the boat with wide eyes. 

"princess, you would not be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay?" he declares, leaning down and grabbing the equipment that he needs. 

"well, let's hope it runs" india tells him a hint of amusement in her tone. 

"oh she'll run. she's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got" 

india turns around, a smile on her face as she hears a motorcycle arrive. 

"that must be pope" she declares happily as she starts walking towards the entrance. for a second, she thought that her hopes might come true and everything would workout according to planned. 

"hey there" 

india's blood runs cold. she stops, looking at rafe. 

rafe looks around, laughing at the girl in front of him. 

"didn't know you hung out with lowlifes now." he tells her, turning to look at jj. 

"jj!" he calls out, waving. "how you guys doing?" he questions. 

jj stops what he's doing, looking up at rafe. his gaze instantly jumps to india, who's looking like she might faint. 

"really, india? not even four weeks and you're whoring around with a pogue? i have to say, that's low, even for you" rafe mutters lowly, an evil smile adorning his face. 

jj's fists clench as rafe walks closer to india. 

"now, india, it might not be too late for you to come back with me. i could offer you a lot. i could treat you right" he tries to convince her.  

"like hell, you would" jj responds before india can, about to go and hit rafe when someone whistles from behind him. 

"well, well..." a new voice pitches in.