Confrontation

Ryan was in the locker room going through his gym bag. He was soaked in sweat from practice. He thought is was dumb that he had to come even though he wasn't able to play because he was suspended but whatever he'll be back on the field for next week's game.

The rest of the team were moving around him, some going off to the showers, others just sitting on the benches talking. He pulled off his shirt and threw it in his locker. Among the chatter, Ryan stilled his movements when he heard a specific voice.

"Fuck off. Since when do you care about Brendon?" Ryan kept his head low but turned it to hear better.

"He's the talk of the school right now. And I just asked cause you're the only one who talks to him," he heard Bob say. An angry Pete let out an irritated scoff.

"Well I don't talk to him anymore and even if I did it's none of your damn business."

"Finally ditched the loser then? About time. He was putting a major dent in your popularity." In unison, both Ryan and Pete retaliated in Brendon's defense.

"Who the fuck are you calling a loser you fat ass piece of shit?"

"I'll shove a stick so far up your ass it'll come out your mouth."

Ryan and Pete turned to each other, both surprised at their quick responses. Brent mumbled angrily to himself and hurried out the locker room. The two boys stayed lock eyed for a moment before Pete frowned and turned away. He threw some stuff into his bag before shutting his locker and moving toward the exit.

Ryan chased after him, grabbing his arm to stop him. Pete yanked his arm away and quickly pushed Ryan against the wall.

"Leave me the fuck alone." Ryan shook his head, letting himself be pinned if it meant Pete would hear him out.

"You can't just not talk to Brendon."

"Why the fuck do you care?"

"He's upset that he lost you. More than you know."

"Well it was his choice. If he wants to talk to you then I don't want any part of that."

"Pete you can't --"

"Can't what? Listen I don't fucking like you. I can't stand knowing that he likes you to the point where he's willing to get himself hurt for a fuckboy like you."

"I know you don't like me but you just have to trust me that I --"

"Trust you?" Pete pulled back. "You might have everyone else here fooled that you're a sweet guy but I know what you want from him."

"I only want what's best for him."

"Just cause you say that doesn't mean that I --"

"And I'll stop talking to him if that means you'll talk to him again."

"What? Y-you would do that?" Ryan nodded without hesitation. "Why?"

"I didn't mean to get in the way of you two. I can't stand knowing that I made him lose his best friend. He's hurting more than he's letting on I can tell." Pete looked down, feeling guilty weigh in his stomach.

"He needs you more than he could ever need me. You were his friend first. Please talk to him."

"You'll leave him alone?" Ryan paused for a moment. He pushed away the pained feeling in his chest before nodding.

"Talk to him please." Pete didn't respond. Ryan let out a sigh and moved to go back to his locker.

"Why are you doing this?" Pete shouted back at him. A small smile pulled the corner of Ryan's lip. He turned around and shrugged.

"I'm falling for him." Pete chuckled and shook his head in disbelief.

"I'll think about it. But just so you know I still don't like you."

Ryan laughed and gave a quick wave as Pete left. He sat down in front of his locker and let a picture of Brendon sit in his mind. His small smile grew. He knew Brendon would have his best friend back, not caring that it meant he had to stop talking with him. Brendon would be happy though and that's all that mattered.

---

A/N:

Have you guys every told someone about something you were really excited about then found out they didn't pay attention cause they don't care and you're like 'oh' and think you're just annoying everyone so you detach yourself from everything so you don't feel disappointed or annoying? Lol me neither ✌🏼😁

𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑚𝑡, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑦 ❤
~𝐽𝑎𝑦