3rd Wheel

Word Count: 765
A/N: this a Henderson!Reader x Steve, I hope you guys like it!

You walked up to the counter of Scoops Ahoy, Robin was at the counter. When she saw you walking up she announced your arrival to Steve, he quickly came out of the back room with a huge smile on his face, and it only made your smile grow bigger.

"Hey, sweetheart, what are doing here?"

"I just wanted to see you that's all" Steve pressed a sweet kiss to your forehead and told robin he was taking his break, he walked you over to a booth and you guys sat and chatted.

"So, I was thinking that tonight, maybe we could go to the drive in, ya know Back to the Future's playing, what do ya think?" He looked at you with his puppy dog eyes and you smiled at how sweet Steve was being.

"I'm really sorry but, I can't tonight" Steve pouted slightly which prompted you to provide an explanation.

"My mom's out of town so I have to watch Dustin." As if on cue, Dustin slides in the booth right next you.

"You could just bring him, we could make him sit up front so we could cuddle in the back." You thought it over for second.

"Okay, we're gonna have to buy him popcorn though" Steve high fived you out of excitement.

"Okay awesome! I'll pick you guys up at 7!" Steve practically jumped out of the booth and left to finish his shift. Just then Dustin came and sat by you in the booth.

"Why is Steve picking us up at 7?"

"Oh we're gonna go to the movies with him tonight! I already told him that you would want popcorn." Dustin looked at you quizzically.

"So what you're saying is, I'm going to be third wheeling your date with Steve?" He filled his mouth with more ice cream some of it dripping down his chin. You grabbed a napkin and attempted to wipe his chin yourself but he grabbed the napkin out of your hand and started wiping his chin himself.

"No, it won't be like that! It'll be like when we all hang out, you'll get the front seat because Steve wants to cuddle in the back, it'll be like if we were at home."
Dustin still stared you, his eyebrows were furrowed.

"Fine but I want popcorn and candy." You laughed at your dorky brother and ruffled his curls.

7 o'clock came fast enough and both of you ran out to Steve's car with arm full of blankets.

When you guys got to the drive in Steve gave Dustin some money for his snacks while you Steve set up the backseat to be as comfy as possible.

The movie eventually started and you and Steve were snuggled up against each other and Dustin was sat up front laughing at everything. Steve must have forgotten that Dustin was in the car because he  started kissing your neck. Usually this would have been welcomed but your little brother was in the car. You pulled back from him and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Steve, what do you think you're doing?" You whispered this into his ear and hoped that Dustin didn't hear you.

"He's not gonna notice now be quiet." You let Steve kiss you, slowly he moved up to your face and you guys had began making out. Both of you had forgot about Dustin being in the car.

"I love being a third wheel. This is the most fun I've ever had."  You and Steve broke apart and you sighed.

"Dustin stop being sarcastic." You rolled your eyes at him as you and Steve had adjusted yourselves.

"I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious. Nothing is better than the sound of you two kissing while I try watching the best movie ever."

"Okay kid, we get it. We're done now, just watch the movie."

So you guys sat in silence as the movie finished. Steve drove you home and you begged him to stay the night but he told you that he'd wait an hour and sneak in through your window so that Dustin wouldn't notice.

An hour and a half later and Steve was in your bed with you.

"I'm sorry about Dustin. He can be such a turd sometimes." Steve could tell that you were frustrated and a little embarrassed. He rubbed his hand up and down your arm.

"It's fine sweetie, when your mom gets home we'll go out again, without anybody being a third wheel." You kissed Steve on the cheek and then slowly both of you guys drifted off to sleep.