45: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

"Young master! Please take a break."

The sounds of the clashing of wood swords stop. The young boy with black hair and red eyes turn around at the voice that called him.

"I brought some salty snacks and some milk like you always want."

The old butler grined while yelling the goods he brought into the training ground. The boy blushed.

"You don't have to shout milk so loud." He whispered.

The other older man who was exchanging blows with him chuckled and grabbed the boy's head.

"You are a growing boy, there is nothing to be embarrassed about."

"Grandpa...."

The duke grabbed the towel on his neck and started to wipe off the sweat that is dripping from his head.

"Let's take a break!" He shouted and the soldiers answered with one yes and dispersed on their own to find a good spot to rest.

The nine year old boy followed his grandpa to the gazebo.

"It is a great weather per usual." The old butler compliments the normal wonderful weather of the Clover Country.

"Elias... You brought milk for myself too?"

The duke of Virgo is confused not seeing a warm tea or coffee.

"Sire, I noticed that you are getting troubles on finding sleep, moreover, you frequents the restroom too much at night, I believe it will be great for your health to join our little young master with drinking milk."

"I am old, that is why that happens! And Ace, it is rude to laugh!"

The little boy stop holding his mouth and laugh to his content. The two old gentlemen watched the boy with loving eyes.

They are grateful that the boy is growing up well in spite of lacking of parental figures. The duke is grateful with his dukedom because they accepted his grandson wholeheartedly in spite of the Spadian blood that flows in him and that he have black hair and red eyes which is the symbol of grim reapers at the Country of Spade. Some citizens are still afraid but they understand that the boy is still young and is being raised here in Clover and not in Spade.

The boy might be lacking in terms of family but the dukedom is not lacking for him to learn and grow up well. Ace is pass the age of asking where is his parents and why they are not here with him, at first the duke is worried how he will properly explain the decisions the adults come up with his fate. The duke had to let him know too about the sudden passing of her mother who he barely met. The boy took the news with tears but ask the duke why he is sad even though he does not know his mother well. However soon after he moved on and said he is contented as long everyone else is here with him. It seems that the early separation of the child from his mother made him have no deeper feelings for his mother.

Deep inside the duke is upset with his daughter's decision of separating herself from her own son. The duke knows it is due to the prophecy however, why sacrifice the need of her own son? But then, when she saw the last time Magdalene is with Ace, the duke saw the most painful expression in her face, the greatest sacrifice she have to endure is to leave her son. Since then the duke vow to protect and love just like a parent his grandson.

If he have a choice, he will hide Ace here in his lands so that no one can hurt him and be happy just as he is now, however the duke have to show the boy his important role as a seal bearer and the boy needs to widen his horizons to the whole Clover Country or the Empire in the future in order to get stronger and be a fine adult. It is not right to lock him up in this place forever.

Currently, the other two dukedoms of the Clover Country is still not aware of the boy but the King of Clover promised of support when it is time for the boy to be introduced into the public. Especially, around the time when the prophecy is about to happen. The Clover Country relies on the power of God for their will to fight and gets stronger, and them knowing that a seal bearer that is blessed by God is on their land will boost everyone's will and hope.

The duke look at the big spade seal on his grandson's neck. The duke briefly heard about the prophecy, that the start is Clover's fall and the death of the seal bearers. If he have a choice as a family, he wants to run away and take his grandkids to another continent, anywhere far from the Empire. He wants to live everything behind and grab his grandkids and go far far away from here. Far from the prophecy, however, that is not a solution. Running away from fate will just put it off and it does not mean it will not follow them and get far worst.

They been trying to change the future, and they hope that it works even just a little. The duke had also been teaching the young boy to control his strength and some self defense and tactics. The duke hopes that the boy could protect himself, if ever the prophecy do happen.

"I hope it waits for some more years."

The old duke only wish is that it happens after his grandkids reach adulthood. Isn't just cruel if the prophecy happens now? When these children can even barely fight for themselves.

"Grandpa?"

"No it is nothing, I am just thinking about the.... Yeah, the royal family."

"Oh! Speaking of the royal family, I heard the Queen passed out again in the Clover palace."

The butler deliver the news he heard from the maids.

"Hmm, she is so young yet so frail."

The Clover king refused to marry for so many years, saying that he could just get a heir from one of the dukedoms, however when he reached his forties he met a beautiful woman from Heart Country and fell in love with her. The two had a tremendous age gap, however due to their strong feelings with each other, everyone gave their blessings and the two unite. The Clover Country is happy to finally have a Queen.

"The queen might passed before our king, even though she is far younger."

"Yeah, like mother."

Intercept by the young boy.

"Young master, what do you want for dinner?"

The butler who thought he made a blunder tried to change the topic. Even though Ace showed that he accepted of his mother's passing, everyone else is still sensitive about the topic themselves and is sacred of hurting tye boy's feelings.

The boy puffed his cheeks and did not answer. He is at the young age, even though he is as lively as his mother, the boy is still a child.

The duke swallowed and tried to push a sensitive subject. He knows that boy will get more upset but he needs to know what his grandson thinks while he is still at the honest age.

"Do you want to see your father? I can call him to come back home or we can visit him."

The duke tried to give him options so the boy can voice out what he wants without a yes or no as a brief answer.

The options are kinda far fetched, and it might take a while if they asked for Joseph to visit and it might be a bit dangerous to go to Spade, especially with the boy's appearance and the visible seal on his neck. However, the duke is willing to work anything out for his grandson.

The boy was in silence for a while, then he grabbed his wooden sword and stood up from his chair.

"Ace?"

"I don't want to see him." He said then went running back to the training ground. Then he whispered to himself. "He is a king who could not even protect mother. I will get stronger and show him, how it should be done."